Nature Urban nature

LM102712.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Wet concrete steps - a recipe for disaster, especially with what looks like algae growing on them. I've had a couple of hard falls out in the woods when I slipped on wet rocks, and have been fortunate not to be seriously hurt. I've learned to pick and choose my steps carefully. Even a tiny bit of moisture can make a rock have the surface adhesion of ice.

Wet concrete steps - a recipe for disaster, especially with what looks like algae growing on them. I've had a couple of hard falls out in the woods when I slipped on wet rocks, and have been fortunate not to be seriously hurt. I've learned to pick and choose my steps carefully. Even a tiny bit of moisture can make a rock have the surface adhesion of ice.
Yep. Solid rock on a shore, with an algae covering. I experimented with that friction coefficient with Leica Q in hand one summer. Luckily kept my balance.

Wet concrete steps - a recipe for disaster
Yep. Solid rock on a shore, with an algae covering. I experimented with that friction coefficient with Leica Q in hand one summer. Luckily kept my balance.
There are actually three steps leading down to the water: one for people and two where water runs down permanently - the water comes out in between the second and third step from top. So the first two steps are always dry, the others always wet. It's just a small water stairs. Of course kids love walking down the wet ones with their parents reacting in the usual way … spoiling the fun.

Attachments

• P1026670.JPG
    P1026670.JPG
    730.2 KB · Views: 96
  • P1026671.JPG
    P1026671.JPG
    770.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Back