Nature Urban nature

Memories of that place getting submerged during the many floods that periodically occur in that area.
Tim, the Brisbane River is about 80m deep where it flows through the CBD and Kangaroo Point reaches. It can be very fierce when in flood.

Of course, the areas set aside as flood plains after the 1970s floods have been rezoned for housing by the greedy Brisbane City Council and corrupt State governments.

Larry, I used to work in the GPO in the middle distance background in the early 1970s. Walked across Anzac Square from Central Station every morning and night.
John, I used to work at TMR in Mary St near the Botanic Gardens. I used to walk across ANZAC Square from Central Station to the Queen Street Mall and then down Albert Street to work. I used to see this view every work day.

IMGP6824.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 373456

I've forever wonder what this is - it's a beaver box! Occupied, too, judging by the trees they felled downstream ...

M.
I'm so happy to see the beavers being supported, especially in a city (judging by apartment blocks and high cement river wall). Beavers are one of the very few animals that can terraform an area almost as well as humans.

Back