Leica Urban Shots Thread

ajramirez

Hall of Famer
Jul 9, 2010
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Antonio
I have always thought that street photography should include humans or at least a human element. This thread is for shots that while taken in an urban setting, do not have people in them in the classic "street" sense. Here are some of mine to start it out:

Maletín de almas by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

Ruedas by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

Eterna Gloss by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

Michael y los niños by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

Estadidad by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

Santurce, Puerto Rico. All on the M9P.

Cheers,

Antonio

ajramirez

Hall of Famer
Jul 9, 2010
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Antonio

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Jul 21, 2012
NJ, USA
Ed
AJ - beautiful series of urban photos. My favorite is the mural of the farmer and oxen on the factory wall, as well as the shot with the faded Coke bottle.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
What is the "Alamo" being used for these days? Looks to have been a movie theater, but I do not see current posters in the window. Remiinds me of the theaters that i went to as a Kid.

Dennis Brother - they look very capable. Love the Hat collection on the Window. Expect to see Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet there.

Burr Brown Annex has seen better days.

jporos

Regular
May 8, 2013
Mississippi
What is the "Alamo" being used for these days? Looks to have been a movie theater, but I do not see current posters in the window. Remiinds me of the theaters that i went to as a Kid.

Dennis Brother - they look very capable. Love the Hat collection on the Window. Expect to see Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet there.

Burr Brown Annex has seen better days.
The Alamo luckily has been renovated and is used as a theater, but the rest of the street is more promise than reality. What was once the center of African American commerce in Jackson, the streets and sidewalks have been renovated, awaiting development, but the economic recession has halted further progress. In the future, there should be a blues club owned by B.B. King as well as restaurants and bars.

Latest threads

Top Bottom