Documentary Urban Unquiet - Modern Dystopia

Z50_3573.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of those "Yeah, right" moments, something that always infuriates me: Some random guy put his bloody car on a privileged space ... at least this was a service car, but nevertheless. To make matters worse, when I returned, there was another car just pulling up - two young male egomaniacs mindlessly doing the wrong thing ...

M.

View attachment 342995

One of those "Yeah, right" moments, something that always infuriates me: Some random guy put his bloody car on a privileged space ... at least this was a service car, but nevertheless. To make matters worse, when I returned, there was another car just pulling up - two young male egomaniacs mindlessly doing the wrong thing ...

M.
I come across this very often in town. Being just 50% disabled I may not use these. But when I see those BMWs, Mercedes and SUVs getting parked there without any sign of the drivers being disabled I go to them and just say when they get out: "a physical disability is not noticeable, so there’s only one that remains."
I make sure that there are people around as I don't want to get beaten up.

I come across this very often in town. Being just 50% disabled I may not use these. But when I see those BMWs, Mercedes and SUVs getting parked there without any sign of the drivers being disabled I go to them and just say when they get out: "a physical disability is not noticeable, so there’s only one that remains."
I make sure that there are people around as I don't want to get beaten up.
I have a Class 1/ Class A disability sticker, depending on which state I'm in.

However, I look perfectly fit and healthy ...

I sacked a cardiologist when he said to me after 6 days in a level 2 cardiac ward in late 2018 "You look well, John." He failed to diagnose sick sinus syndrome, tachy-brady syndrome, level 2/3 AV block, atrial fibrillation, ventricular fibrillation, and seemed to think that a pulse rate in the low 30s was OK.

It took my new cardiologist exactly 12 minutes to diagnose what was wrong. I have since had a pretty quick cardiac ablation (2019), followed by a pacemaker as urgent surgery 8 weeks later (2020). Followed by an emergency cardiac ablation last year for atrial flutter (in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic). Both the surgeon and anaesthetist had to get special permission from the government to do the procedure, as not their domiciliary hospital.

I still look perfectly healthy ...
I'm actually almost completely buggered ...

I've been accused of using someone else's sticker by both members of the public and parking officers.

Looks can be very deceptive, Walter!

But I do appreciate what you are saying.

I absolutely agree with you that looks can be deceptive, John.
I got my 50% after the chemo. Everything that's damaged is inside, nothing to be seen from the ouside. That's why I had great difficulties in my last professional years with people not taking care of my limitations. People who see me always say "wow, you look good." Great is the astonishment when they hear about the damages.
Being a positive person I don't talk about these things, I've programmed myself for being healthy, and I've learned to live with the limitations. When I'm feeling well I'm outside, when I'm feeling absolutely horrible I'm just a couch potato reading books I love. And even then I just enjoy seeing the ground from above knowing I could be 1m below surface as well.

A young lady who's travelled to Mayfair, dressed up in very expensive labeled clothes setting up a picture with tripod to take of herself outside some shop (Prada, Gucci, I dunno), I'm guessing, so it can be posted to "the gram". Not an uncommon scene at all amongst the young boys and girls.
2 Photographertakingaphoto.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back