Documentary Urban Unquiet - Modern Dystopia

Name
Andrew
I got this idea, well, mainly from shooting inside an Ikea today. You know that vague unease of, not the drug-addled "high tech, low life" dystopia of William Gibson and the cyberpunk crowd (though I love that aesthetic), but the sort of urban/suburban, pedestrian, everyday quiet existential unease.

It seems like we should be able to find a fair amount of this in today's world, right? I'll kick it off.

R0004078.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R0004077.JPG

R0004071.JPG

R0004073.JPG

R0004070.JPG

R0004068.JPG

R0004074.JPG

R0004081.JPG

R0004076.JPG

R0004080.JPG

Great idea! Might also be of some help to someone. This is one of those "Deep Thought" assignments. I'll have to get out hunting ideas and images. We our current emphasis on mental health among celebrities, we should be able to create a visual library of the common people dealing with dystopia on a daily basis.

Thanks for a wonderful thread!
Walter, that's exactly what I had in mind. I'm going to just use the thread to work out what I mean by this concept, many of the shots I post might not effectively embody what I'm trying to say, but I am going to post them anyway, and look forward to other interpretations as well. No need to be perfectionistic about this theme either. Maybe this could be a sort of "dark version" of the strolling and everyday photo threads!

Walter, that's exactly what I had in mind. I'm going to just use the thread to work out what I mean by this concept, many of the shots I post might not effectively embody what I'm trying to say, but I am going to post them anyway, and look forward to other interpretations as well. No need to be perfectionistic about this theme either. Maybe this could be a sort of "dark version" of the strolling and everyday photo threads!
Yes. Agreed. I see this "sort of urban/suburban, pedestrian, everyday quiet existential unease" in the eyes of so many of my fellow beings. I will start looking for a new way to visually present this concept.

Thank you for introducing this topic.

Back