Sony Urca (Rio de Janeiro)

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Sep 28, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
olli
Beautiful pictures. Just one suggestion - you might want to straighten some of the images a little to get rid of the slope.

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
Jack
Wow, those are some nice photos Rafael! Brings back lots of memories. I grew up not too far from there, in Flamengo. Used to live in the high rise right next to the former presidential palace. Our windows overlooked the palace's gardens, and I used to play there as a child.

Reactions: BBW

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
Jack
I guess I need to emphasize the word former presidential palace!

By the time we moved into the high rise, the capital of Brazil had already been moved from Rio de Janeiro to Brasilia for about 20 years. So the palace was turned into a museum. It was at this palace that President Vargas killed himself back in the 1950's. I enjoyed playing in the garden because they had several old artillery pieces, and I'd play imaginary battles. I also enjoyed watching the ducks in the ponds.

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Aw, that's cute Armando...and thank you for the clarification. That's how rumors can get started...first it's G.A.S. and then it's royalty!:p

Rafael Lopes

Regular
May 17, 2011
Armando, aquela região é realmente linda. Você é um cara privilegiado em ter tido essa linda vista tão perto...eu moro no Humaitá (gosto bastante, mas não é um dos marcos da cidade).

Armando, that region is truly beautiful. You're a lucky guy to have had this beautiful view so close to you...I live in the Humaitá neighborhood (which I really like but it's not one of Rio's landmarks)

Latest threads

Top Bottom