Fuji Use in X100 of SD-memory-cards formatted by other cameras than X100?

oeksen37

In my NIKON 300s I am using 2 SANDISK extreme cards, one a Compact Flash card, the other a SD-card, 4GB.

I intend to use the latter in my new Fuji X100, however, I am asking myself whether it is in fact possible, in as much that the said card has been formatted by the NIKON 300s for use with this camera. I suppose that I will have to reformat the SD-card in order to start using it in the X100 camera. Would appreciate learning whether I am right in my assumption, or not. Thanks beforehand. Oeksen37

It might or might not work without reformatting - probably would but more slowly than it should. My practice is to reformat my cards in the camera they're being used in as soon as I upload shots to my Mac. Keeps the card and camera working together as well as possible. Formatting is the quickest way to erase the card anyway, and much safer than any other method.

-Ray

I'm with Ray. I re-format my cards in the camera prior to each new use, particularly if I know that I'll be taking lots of photos that might be very important. I do it with all cameras. So even if it works w/o formatting in the X100, I would format it in the X100.

Back