Panasonic Using manual lenses on the Panasonic S1R.

dougpayne

Top Veteran
Name
C.D. Payne
Thanks to its large high-resolution EVF, magnified focusing view, and easy-to-implement sensor stabilization, this camera is the best I've tried for adapting vintage lenses. This photo I took with a Nikon 55mm micro. The relative unpopularity of the S1R means you can find bargains on the used market. I got my lightly used camera with original box, 3 Panasonic batteries, and an L-bracket for less than half the new retail price.

plily_PanS1R_Nik55mic_Feb21_smaller.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

S1 and S1R, great bodies to be sure. The new S5 is kind of a great option too but darn if they didn't put a low-rez viewfinder on it. I asked around and people have no complaints about it, but if you want to have the best, you go for the S1 or S1R. :)

Thanks to its large high-resolution EVF, magnified focusing view, and easy-to-implement sensor stabilization, this camera is the best I've tried for adapting vintage lenses. This photo I took with a Nikon 55mm micro. The relative unpopularity of the S1R means you can find bargains on the used market. I got my lightly used camera with original box, 3 Panasonic batteries, and an L-bracket for less than half the new retail price.

View attachment 247985
Hi Doug,
Could you tell me what would happen if I paired lenses designed for Leica T/TL/CL ie ASPC sensors with a Panasonic S1R? This L-Mount Alliance doesn't seem to be 100% compatible. But they also don't quite spell it out for simple guys like me.
Cheers

Could you tell me what would happen if I paired lenses designed for Leica T/TL/CL ie ASPC sensors with a Panasonic S1R? This L-Mount Alliance doesn't seem to be 100% compatible. But they also don't quite spell it out for simple guys like me.
There seems to be an "APS-C" crop mode that can be activated. Will this happen automatically, I don't know.

The crop mode seems to activate automatically. I can't find a setting to turn it off. It doesn't turn off for some of my adapted Canon EF-S lenses, in which case I get a vignette. The S1R's crop mode produces 21MP images. BTW, it goes into crop mode with my adapted Sigma DG 70mm lens, which is a full-frame lens.

Back