• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Fuji Using Nikon G lenses on Fuji x

JoeLopez

Veteran
May 18, 2017
Who is using Nikon G glass on their Fuji X system? I am considering buying a X-E1.
Which adapter are you using?

Thank you.

Christop82

Regular
May 2, 2017
Thank you. I've seen those cheaper F-mount adapters. I am speaking specifically about a Nikon G lens (while also F-mount, there is no aperture dial on these lenses).
I'm pretty sure it can do g lenses. As long as the lens has an aperture lever. Sounds like you're looking for an AF adapter. Commlite makes a nice Nikon to Sony AF adapter, but I really only know of the fringer for fuji.

AndyMcD

Veteran
Jul 15, 2017
East Midlands, UK
I have a few cheapo adapters for Nikon lenses. Some only work for lenses with an aperture ring but one supports G lenses, but does not do auto focus.

I tried this with my Sigma 30/1.4 and 10-20 but in the end I sold them because I didn't like using them manually, plus the weight and size.

gryphon1911

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2015
Central Ohio, USA
When I first got the Fuji X-E3, I got the Mitakon Lens Turbo II. Worked very well with Nikon lenses.

Problem came in when I wanted to use it on the X-Pro2. The rear lens element touches the baffle surrounding the sensor slightly. It mounts and works, but over time could create a mark on the camera. Just something I wanted to throw out there in case you decide to upgrade or get an X-Pro in the future. I'm debating to keep the lens turbo or to resell. I can use it with no touching on the X-E3, so there is that.

I then got a K&F Nikon to Fuji adapter. Works fine too, but it does not handle the "G" lenses. I have enough AI/AIS lenses that made the cheaper variant worth while.

gryphon1911

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2015
Central Ohio, USA
That adapter on the Amazon page is for Nikon to MFT. I looked and did not see an equivalent on for Nikon to Fuji X.

This one should be fine - the K&F version. Soes not have a tripod mount...but you may not need one.

Christop82

Regular
May 2, 2017
That adapter on the Amazon page is for Nikon to MFT. I looked and did not see an equivalent on for Nikon to Fuji X.

This one should be fine - the K&F version. Soes not have a tripod mount...but you may not need one.

They must have stopped production or ran out. The original link was for the mk-nf-f .

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom