Apple Using the iPad as a Photo Accessory

Thanks Chuck. This is one of my concerns - and it may save me some money, too. I'll be seeing my eye doctor tomorrow about several issues and will ask for his input as well. I appreciate your posting very much.

My husband has a Nook and I have an iPad. What I like is that the iPad is easier for me to read on. He's fine with the Nook. The iPad gives me more book options: I can buy not only from the Nook store, I can buy from the Kindle store and iBooks -- as well as a few others. So I'm not locked into one company's price schemes, though I do usually get iBooks books as I happen to like that reader best.

I regularly use my iPad for reading while commuting. Since it usually takes about an hour to get to my destination, I read on iPad for 2 hours every day. I didn't experience any eye-strain issues yet, and my vision is actually far from perfect. The best thing about iPad is that you can make fonts as large as you want them - something you can't do with a paperback.

I like iPad for reading better than Amazon Kindle (which I also have) because its screen is backlit. It maybe worse for my eyes, but subway trains here in Kyiv are very dimly lit and Kindle is pretty much useless in low-light conditions.

Yes, I love making fonts big! I have horrific vision (uncorrected, I can't see the E on the top line of the chart), but I am able to make the fonts big enough that I can read without my glasses. For some reason, I've always preferred that, but age was making that difficult with actual printed books.

I also like that on a cold night I can read under the covers, which my husband can't do with his Nook.

Re font size, that's an adjustable parameter on nook or Kindle.

Re nook vs. Kindle, one difference is that nooks can borrow books from public libraries, while Kindles lacks this feature - so far. Not as big an advantage as I hoped, though; many libraries have limited selection and availability of e-books. They have to buy and circulate their e-books just like hard copies; can only lend copy to one person at a time.

BB, did you ever get around to buying an Ipad? On impulse I went to buy one today but fortunately for my bank balance they didn't have any in stock! I use my ipod lots but liked the idea of being able to store/view/edit my photos while away from home without lugging my larger laptop with me!

Nope, not yet Briar. Towards the end of August, we're going on vacation with some friends - one of whom has the first edition of the iPad...though she doesn't have the camera connecter. Maybe I should buy her one as a present?;) Hmmm...

I really have no true need for the iPad, I just love the way they look...and how lightweight and portable they are...and I love Alf's and, I think, Alex's snapseed photos, too.:D

Nope, not yet Briar. Towards the end of August, we're going on vacation with some friends - one of whom has the first edition of the iPad...though she doesn't have the camera connecter. Maybe I should buy her one as a present?;) Hmmm...

I really have no true need for the iPad, I just love the way they look...and how lightweight and portable they are...and I love Alf's and, I think, Alex's snapseed photos, too.:D

Thanks BB, I kind of want one for all the reasons that you mentioned. I think it's a whim that I wanted one and as there is a shortage in supply here of both the first and second generation iPads, the breathing space might dissipate my madness. Time will tell ... but it does look like fun!

Gotcha, Karen. My rational mind reminds me that I really do not need to spend (nor should I) the money because of course I'd have to get one with lots of GB, right?:tongue:

I bought an ipad2 when I bought my iMac about three weeks ago mainly because I knew that I would miss being able to sit in bed with my laptop! Also, I was spending so much money that the cost of the iPad seemed like a drop in the ocean:eek: I bought the snap seed app but still haven't got around to buying the camera connector. I didn't know that you could buy books for it too:redface:

You are wonderful, Christina! Yes, books! And go get that camera connector ASAP - I can't wait to see what you do with your iPad and Snapseed. It's very compelling from what I've seen here.

The iPad is a drop in the ocean compared to that iMac, but the iMac must be fantastic.:yahoo:

BB...do your self a favour...go out and get an iPad....I first saw it in England when Jono brought one out of his beautiful hand made camera bag...long before they were available in the UK or Canada and I fell in love with it...got one as soon as I was able to and it goes with me on my holidays and I shall be uploading my images from the camera to review them.

BB, the iMac is really rather nice but it keeps freezing in Safari :( I've been on the phone to apple assistance and they want to de-install the Safari stuff as they think there's a glitch there. I'm supposed to be backing up my stuff and getting the discs out ready to to this but I can't say that I really want to have to. I find that I'm actually spending less time on the iMac as it's parked up on a table in the dining room and away from the kitchen! This is leaving me more time for reading BOOKS, ha ha. I just ordered the Steig Larssen trilogy for my holiday reading but I guess I could have bought them for the iPad had I known! I'm clearly a duh brain :redface:

I found myself driving around the electrical stores this afternoon all a fruitless mission as nobody had them in stock. I'm pretty sure I'll get the 16gb wifi one when I eventually find it in stock. Started to order one online from Apple and that made me think about whether or not I actually needed one, and, of course, the answer is no. So I'll just have to wait until I come across one in a shop so I can blame it on a whim!!

Back