Leica Venice Open Thread

tmldds

Regular
BruPri's excellent X2 shots of Venice prompted me to start this. Please join in. M9 + Zeiss 25 Biogon.

Attachments

• Venice 76L copy 2 BW web.jpg
    Venice 76L copy 2 BW web.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 186
Back Canals

Here are my contributions. They were taken with a Zeiss Ikon camera and a Zeiss Biogon f/2 35mm ZM lens, and Kodak Portra VC 160 film.

These aren't of famous places, but shots in back canals. This first one shows an intersection with three gondolas. I like the guy on the front end, so casually standing and chatting.

russelljtdyer-20120502-leicaplace-venice-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This second photo shows a typical foot bridge over a canal. There are no automobiles in Venice. Everything is brought in and transported by boat or on hand carts. Well, there are cars on the end of Venice where the big cruise ships park, but they're only for around the ships. They can't get to the rest of the islands. Anyway, other than way too many tourists, the city has a charm about it. If you want to get away from the crowds, go to the back alleys and canals.

russelljtdyer-20120502-leicaplace-venice-2.jpg

Here are my contributions. They were taken with a Zeiss Ikon camera and a Zeiss Biogon f/2 35mm ZM lens, and Kodak Portra VC 160 film.

These aren't of famous places, but shots in back canals. This first one shows an intersection with three gondolas. I like the guy on the front end, so casually standing and chatting.

russelljtdyer-20120502-leicaplace-venice-1.jpg

This second photo shows a typical foot bridge over a canal. There are no automobiles in Venice. Everything is brought in and transported by boat or on hand carts. Well, there are cars on the end of Venice where the big cruise ships park, but they're only for around the ships. They can't get to the rest of the islands. Anyway, other than way too many tourists, the city has a charm about it. If you want to get away from the crowds, go to the back alleys and canals.

russelljtdyer-20120502-leicaplace-venice-2.jpg

Good ones. Beautiful filmic look.

Back