Fuji Very few X-E3 postings?

Had my X-e3 with 23mm f2 kit for a week now, Right from the start do not care for the touch scrren much, the swipe commands do not always register with a swipe and I have 5 devices with touchscreens..
I shut off the touch as the Joystick IS a Joy to use for focus points, there is a cool setting that I found for when you pick a focus point you turn the rear control wheel to adjust focus window size it automatically as you get larger turn to ZOne Focus, then whole screen focus and circles back to single point...thus no need to go to Focus type setting command.
I set front wheel to ISO which is quick and easy just turn wheel and it moves thru the list right where it shows on screen display, faster than swiping, and reliable.
HIgh res sensor and focusing is much improved from the X-e2 I used to own. No issues from EVF IMO and I wear glasses, Yes I use my right eye!

here are a couple of shots at the park a few days ago...

View attachment 34601 View attachment 34602
I too found the touch screen implementation very clunky and not upto the standard of what Olympus and Panasonic offers. Joy stick is fun but at times it has tendency to jump quickly. Rest the camera is fun to use.

Just out of interest, can anyone say how the X-E3 compares to the established Olympus cameras when it comes to tapping the touch screen to take the shot. This was so good when using long focal length lenses (but at the time, made one a bit lazy!).

Well I caved. With double cashback plus 15% off through Black Friday sales plus an extra 10% from duty free as I'm traveling within 60 days, the price for an X-E3 was astoundingly low. I've absolutely no idea why Black Friday sales are here in Australia but I'm glad they are.

I've absolutely no idea why Black Friday sales are here in Australia but I'm glad they are.

You're welcome, says this spoiled American. :2thumbs:

But, seriously, I guess they figure the Friday after the U.S. Thanksgiving is the official beginning of the Christmas shopping season worldwide. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Back