Fuji Very few X-E3 postings?

carlb

All-Pro
I could be just missing them, things tend to "hide in plain site" in front of me.

But I don't seem to be seeing many postings with or about the new X-E3. It looks to be near perfect mix of features and design choices for me. But not for many others?

Saving up a for a few more months before I get one. But shees, what capable camera. Just wish Fuji would make a pancake zoom, ala the Panasonic 12-32mm for m43.

It's a big upgrade coming from an X-E2, despite the smaller size!

I really like mine, but in the month since I've had it the weather has either been terrible, or I've been too busy with other things.

Speaking purely for myself, there are things about the X-E3 which leave me very cold, particularly the touchscreen and loss of d-pad. I have had X-E1 (my first interchangeable-lens X-Series body) and X-E2 and loved and extensively used them both but the X-E3 has no appeal. I think it will prove to be a "Marmite camera", dividing opinion.

I'll be getting one in December/January, I mean it's almost half the price of an X-Pro 2 here in Australia at the moment. I'll still have the X-T1 if I can't adjust to that touch screen stuff. I just have the feeling that X-T1 will out-live it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking purely for myself, there are things about the X-E3 which leave me very cold, particularly the touchscreen and loss of d-pad. I have had X-E1 (my first interchangeable-lens X-Series body) and X-E2 and loved and extensively used them both but the X-E3 has no appeal. I think it will prove to be a "Marmite camera", dividing opinion.

I'd progressed from the X-E1 to X-E2 as well. I get that the X-E3 won't be for everyone — personally I have no interest in the X-T bodies, and the X-Pro 2 is about $1000 more camera than I can justifiably afford.

For me, the four swipe gestures are better than the d-pad if only for the reason that it's a bigger target area. I don't have to fiddle to find the function buttons any more with the camera to my face. I turn off the touch AF and shooting functions as I did back when I was still using a Sony NEX. The joystick, front dial, and "My Menu" options more than make up for any perceived loss of usability / functionality due to removing the d-pad.

I have the X-T20 and it's a fine camera. But I am intrigued by the X-E3. I certainly don't need it since I already have the X-Pro2. But I could see eventually selling off the X-T20 and replacing it with either the X-E3 or X-T2. I have to decide which very different direction to take.

maybe there are more active users of that camera in a different forum or in a facebook group.

based on the comments on it in another thread, it seems that the x-e3 was highly anticipated initially.

but when it was finally announced, the feature set did not quite meet the expectations for most..

I'm sure there will be more people here shooting with the X-E3. Keep in mind that most members here are already established in their Fuji gear. So, some will get the E3 as time goes on. And we'll see new members who bought the E3 and are looking for a great place to talk Fuji and share photos.

SOOC jpegs straight out of XE 3 using the 35mm f 2
2017_1110_17323000.jpg

Had my X-e3 with 23mm f2 kit for a week now, Right from the start do not care for the touch scrren much, the swipe commands do not always register with a swipe and I have 5 devices with touchscreens..
I shut off the touch as the Joystick IS a Joy to use for focus points, there is a cool setting that I found for when you pick a focus point you turn the rear control wheel to adjust focus window size it automatically as you get larger turn to ZOne Focus, then whole screen focus and circles back to single point...thus no need to go to Focus type setting command.
I set front wheel to ISO which is quick and easy just turn wheel and it moves thru the list right where it shows on screen display, faster than swiping, and reliable.
HIgh res sensor and focusing is much improved from the X-e2 I used to own. No issues from EVF IMO and I wear glasses, Yes I use my right eye!

here are a couple of shots at the park a few days ago...

DSCF2966.jpg
DSCF2977.jpg

Back