Vf-3

Lili

Hall of Famer
Name
Lili
I have had the superb VF-2 for use on my PEN's and XZ-1 for a while. Optically it is excellent but I seldom use it.
Why you ask?
Cause it can fall off and get destroyed or lost.
The VF-3 is just touch smaller, lower resolution and magnification.
It only comes in tacky silver.
6502166581_8c2f03b596_b.jpg

I adore it.
Why?
It LOCKS IN PLACE!
Bracing against one's face while shooting eye-level and with the XZ's excellent IBIS means one can shoot sedentary subjects as insanely low shutter speeds.
6503379503_6f4ba326f6_b.jpg

ISO 320, F2.5, 1/13sec, 112mm-e
That's right, 112mm,1/13sec, HANDHELD!

You've sold me on it, Lili. I went and read some specs and it seems that the only thing thats sacrificed in this is the dpi in the VF... to 961k from 1.44M. Given that most of us dont even come close to that on our rear LCD screens, no great loss, and here in AU at least, I can get it for $40 under the price of the other. Those extra pixels sure cost a heap. What a shame its only in silver... which marketing genius decided *that* was a good idea, I wonder...

I haven't had any issues with the VF-2 staying in place on my E-PL2 but it is worrisome. I'm surprised no one has devised a fix of some sort. Other than duct tape, of course...

You've sold me on it, Lili. I went and read some specs and it seems that the only thing thats sacrificed in this is the dpi in the VF... to 961k from 1.44M. Given that most of us dont even come close to that on our rear LCD screens, no great loss, and here in AU at least, I can get it for $40 under the price of the other. Those extra pixels sure cost a heap. What a shame its only in silver... which marketing genius decided *that* was a good idea, I wonder...

LOL no Idea, Sue. Still it does look fetching on my E-PL2 with the Silver 17mm and black hood...
6503503235_d9e19d37c0_b.jpg

BTW in order for the VF-3 to work on any PEN or XZ, you will to update the firmware. A fairly easy process, really.

I haven't had any issues with the VF-2 staying in place on my E-PL2 but it is worrisome. I'm surprised no one has devised a fix of some sort. Other than duct tape, of course...

Where I nearly lost mine was on my E-PL1 inserted the kit in to the case, the edge brushed it right off and it fell, thankfully, to the carpeted floor and suffered no damage.
I have thought of trying a thin plastic shim to wedge it more firmly into place

Back