Fuji Viewfinder / LCD / Shoot / Review

David Bennett

Name
David Bennett
A simple question, I hope. I played with an X-T2 in a local camera shop and couldn't work out whether the following is possible:

Is it possible to set the camera to shoot viewfinder only and Review in the rear LCD?

If so, is that true for the X-T1 as well?

Speaking for the XT1, yes. And the XT2 is almost certainly the same. The "view modes" for shooting and reviewing are discreet - they are not shared... only camera they screwed this up on by linking the modes was the otherwise awesome X-E2. "Shooting in EVF? Well then, you're reviewing in EVF too, partner." It was so dumb, and the XT1 does NOT have that problem.

In the case of shooting, you have four choices:

1. LCD Only: What it sounds like, LCD is always running, no EVF.
2. EVF Only: means the EVF is always on whether you're looking through or not. I never use this, for what that's worth, I'm pretty miserly with my battery consumption, because Option 4 below exists.
3. EVF + LCD with Sensor: LCD is on until you put your face up to the camera, which has a little IR sensor under the eye port, in which case it switches over to EVF when it's up to your face. Either way, one of them is always on.
4. EVF + Sensor: best battery life this way. No LCD ever for shooting, EVF only turns on when you put your face up to the eye port. It's quick, too, I never notice a lag or have to wait.

For reviewing shots, you have 3 modes:
1. LCD Only
2. LCD + EVF with sensor (switches to EVF when you look through EVF)
3. EVF Only

Back