Fuji Viewing with Adapted Lenses

Dave Jenkins

Regular
The Beautiful Northwest Georgia Mountains
Name
Dave Jenkins
Please excuse my ignorance of all things Fuji! I am interested in acquiring an X-Pro1 and using it with Olympus OM legacy lenses. Will the OVF give me the view through these lenses, or will only the EVF do that? If I'm restricted to using the EVF I might as well get an XT20 instead of the X-Pro.

You can use the OVF for framing (set lens focal length in the menu) but to focus you need the EVF to see the peaking highlights. It works like this; frame scene using OVF, press thumb wheel to bring up a magnified EVF, adjust focus until you see the blinkies, press thumb wheel to get back to OVF. It's not that fiddly once you get used to it.

You could also use zone focussing in which case you can just use the OVF.

Thanks for the help. I think my question was poorly worded. Since I don't yet have an X-Pro1, I wasn't aware that I could set the lens' focal length in the menu and have the camera bring up the correct frame lines in the OVF. Do I need to set the lens' actual focal length, for instance, do I set 24mm if using an Olympus OM 24mm lens, or do I set the effective focal length, which would be 36mm?

It's worth noting that with lens of longer focal length which would produce a small view frame in the OVF you can enlarge the frame by holding the front VF lever for a second rather than the quick flick to change to EVF.

Please excuse my ignorance of all things Fuji! I am interested in acquiring an X-Pro1 and using it with Olympus OM legacy lenses. Will the OVF give me the view through these lenses, or will only the EVF do that? If I'm restricted to using the EVF I might as well get an XT20 instead of the X-Pro.
Hi I use an XE2 with Nikon & Konica Hexanon non AF lenses. Works well with the EVF & focus peaking. If I were you I'd go for wither XE2/2S, XT1, XT10/20 depends on your body style preference. Just my view. Food for thought.

Back