Leica Vintage Leica Images

With the Fomapan 100 I didn't want to lose much more speed by applying a filter. I guess I should dig out the Y2 filters I have for my Sonnars. There's some Kodak Double-X in the fridge that I need to try soon.

pont_brocard.jpg

Photo on the left was taken at the end of July 1944, showing Pvt Joseph De Freitas (Yonkers, NY) of B-company 41st Armored Infantry Regiment, part of Combat Command B of the 2nd Armored Division.
Photo on the right was taken 2 weeks ago at the same location, featuring another active service member, taken with my Leica IIIc, Sonnar 5cm f/1.5, K2 filter and Double-X.

I briefly spoke to the lady living across the street, who, as a young girl, saw the De Freitas cooking and the photographer who took the picture.

That's just amazing.

My Uncle was with the Army Signal Corp in New York, worked on many of the News Reels that were done, and the "Why We Fight" series.

CCBguns.jpg

Tools of the trade, Angoville-au-Plain during the CCB tour.

Leica IIIc, Sonnar 5cm f/1.5, K2 filter and Double-X.

Nearly done processing all the 35mm film from the trip. I'll do a proper article on the whole thing once I'm done. Problem is finding the time....got another Time Warp to 1917 coming up.

Back