Fuji Vintage Lenses and Adapters

My X-Pro 1 with the biggest zoom I have, Nikkor 70-210 f4 AF (the BeerCan). Impossible to hand hold steadily. :eek:

View attachment 371

Attachments

• gallery_3427_138_14581.jpg
    gallery_3427_138_14581.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 605
Anyone know about the different converst to use on the X-E1 camera? I want to use Olympus Zuiko lenses, Nikon, Canon and maybe a Leica. Is there a list stating the types of adapters needed for each brand of lens for the Fuji X Series cameras on the web somewhere?

I don't know about a concise listing, but I can tell you for the brands you mentioned you'd need the following:

Olympus Zuiko - OM-mount to X-mount adapter
Nikon - Nikon F-mount to X-mount adapter
Canon - either FD-mount to X-mount adapter or EF-mount to X-mount adapter depending on the lens mount (keep in mind EF mount lenses won't have aperture control)
Leica - either Leica M-mount to X-mount adapter or Leica R-mount to X-mount Adapter depending on the lens mount

As an additional resource, Stephen Gandy at Cameraquest has a page with all the X-mount adapters he sells, although they are all a bit expensive in my book and I'm certain cheaper version could be found on eBay. That said, Stephen runs a reputable shop and the Rayqual brand adapters are high quality. Here is the link RayQual Fuji XPro1 Adapters or here http://checkout.cameraquest.com/fuji-xpro-adapters.htm

I've found that m4/3s, especially with 5-way IBIS and focus-peaking hack on E-M5, works great for MF lenses. NEX has the same reputation. Wondering how folks who have shot MF lenses on one or both of those systems and X-Pro or X-E1 compare the experiences? It seems to me that it less popular with X cams. Maybe that is because the native Fuji glass is so good.

I don't know about a concise listing, but I can tell you for the brands you mentioned you'd need the following:

Olympus Zuiko - OM-mount to X-mount adapter
Nikon - Nikon F-mount to X-mount adapter
Canon - either FD-mount to X-mount adapter or EF-mount to X-mount adapter depending on the lens mount (keep in mind EF mount lenses won't have aperture control)
Leica - either Leica M-mount to X-mount adapter or Leica R-mount to X-mount Adapter depending on the lens mount

As an additional resource, Stephen Gandy at Cameraquest has a page with all the X-mount adapters he sells, although they are all a bit expensive in my book and I'm certain cheaper version could be found on eBay. That said, Stephen runs a reputable shop and the Rayqual brand adapters are high quality. Here is the link RayQual Fuji XPro1 Adapters or here http://checkout.cameraquest.com/fuji-xpro-adapters.htm

Thanks for the information.

Back