Daily Challenge Vision 2020 - please form an orderly queue to the right of this post

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
So, those who have been paying attention over the festivities will know that I asked if there was going to be a SiJ next month.

The short answer is no, there isn't, but for those who have new toys to try, or just have an itchy shutter finger, we have Vision 2020 instead.

To mark the start of the third decade of the second millennium of the Common Era I'd like to invite you to do some shooting over the next month.

There's no theme, no rules, no obligations. Shoot as much or as little as you like. Post when you want. Use one camera and lens, or many. Participate because you want to. It's not competitive, nor is it onerous.

The end objective is to produce a body of work between us that can be turned into a mosaic of images (I shall need the help of a technically literate grown up to generate such a thing). The only rule, such as it is, is that how ever many photos you post during the month, you can only nominate a maximum of three images per person for the mosaic (one or two is perfectly acceptable too).

I will start three threads in which to participate, the first will start on the first, and run for ten days, and so on.

Simple as that.

Are you in?

Last edited:
I'm in, as previously announced :)

I'm already having quite a bit of fun shooting the GF1 here in Berlin (I'm here for a couple of days for no specific reason - other than being away from home ...), so I'll stick with my choice - in spite of the fact that in many ways, the GF1 has aged less gracefully than the M8: The noises it makes when shooting stopped down - and the time it takes when doing so - really put me off; however, it's still a small, handy and surprisingly fluid camera in use. The single dial is actually not much of an issue because it's clickable - something similar would make (e.g.) the Sony A6000 a completely different camera.

Another camera that'll see as much use as I can find for it is the GR III - I need to wrap my head around this camera (or sell it).

M.

So, those who have been paying attention over the festivities will know that I asked if there was going to be a SiJ next month.

The short answer is no, there isn't, but for those who have new toys to try, or just have an itchy shutter finger, we have Vision 2020 instead.

To mark the start of the third decade of the second millennium of the Common Era I'd like to invite you to do some shooting over the next month.

There's no theme, no rules, no obligations. Shoot as much or as little as you like. Post when you want. Use one camera and lens, or many. Participate because you want to. It's not competitive, nor is it onerous.

The end objective is to produce a body of work between us that can be turned into a mosaic of images (I shall need the help of a technically literate grown up to generate such a thing). The only rule, such as it is, is that how ever many photos you post during the month, you can only nominate a maximum of three images per person for the mosaic (one or two is perfectly acceptable too).

I will start three threads in which to participate, the first will start on the first, and run for ten days, and so on.

Simple as that.

Are you in?
Well, put like that then yes, I'm in!

Back