Daily Challenge Vision 2020 Thread the First - January 1- 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not able to get out today and the forecast was poor so took these early on before the rain arrived
IMG_3694.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and that was the last of the sunshine
R0007996.JPG

Going to try and stick with this, with rather limited posts. Energy levels right now not supporting necessary activity and several extra photo ventures. :( Will try to get around to viewing all posts.

Woke out of a nap yesterday late afternoon, and saw the harsh light on my grab-n-go bag.
original.jpg

I told him to give me his mean look
DSCF1283-L.jpg

BTS
AD200-Glow EZ Lock 31x47 softbox with diffuser and grid
I love the light from this for one light portraits. This softbox and the 51" deep shoot through umbrella the offspring got me for Christmas have quickly become my favorite modifiers.
IMG_9472_heic-L.jpg

As usual with 3 home school kids, messy house
IMG_9882%202_heic-L.jpg

A couple of contrasting images from yesterday and today.
(Home on Saturday...I’ll see grass and mud again!)

Another bit of abandoned development. Strangely, for the first time in about 10 years, there is a lot of new building going on too. The projects that got forgotten after the “crisis” in 2008 have stayed forgotten.
D914FEE4-D94F-416D-9FD2-CD23D6590400.jpeg

Famara - beach and, frankly, unfeasible cliffs. These go up to 670m high and are the remains of a massive caldera now centred a couple of miles offshore. Oh, film-related fact: Famara featured as a location in the Almodovar film ‘Broken Embraces’.

2642DC09-212F-4DBE-9AED-224888FD4B98.jpeg

DAY 8 - Went for the groceries this morning; still no snow here, but it's very cold and my enthusiasm for photo-hunt soon dropped bellow zero also :) Still managed to come back home with a few compositions from which I choose this one - not much of a shot to speak of, except that it has a certain intrigue for me personally: way back in 70ies my father used to shoot with his Porst film camera and later project those slides via a manual lamp-projector on the wall of our living room, for my sister and me to marvel over them. I haven't seen any of those for at least 30 years, I'm not sure if they really looked similar to this, but in my memory they are close to this color, tonality and atmosphere:
PICTOGRAMAX - 2020 - VISION 2020 - 08 - PARLOUR.jpg

Shot with Minolta MD 50mm f.4 lens mounted via speedbooster on Sony A6000; 4 frames stitched in total

Trying the Kultcamera app agian, after a long absence. I forgot I had it, to tell the truth.
View attachment 212209View attachment 212210
I have a DXO film pack that emulates a variety of film brands. It has sliders that allow you to control the amount of grain but also things like light leaks, scratches,, old print paper, bad technique, etc. It's the torn jeans of photography.

I have a DXO film pack that emulates a variety of film brands. It has sliders that allow you to control the amount of grain but also things like light leaks, scratches,, old print paper, bad technique, etc. It's the torn jeans of photography.
I have that too but didn’t know about the effects...I’ve only applied film “looks” with it. I have used Nik Analog Efex Pro quite a bit to do the same sorts of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back