Daily Challenge Vision 2020 Thread the Second - January 11- 21

library.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

200113-1040290..jpg

The Bus Home
The 10:00 bus from Plymouth arrives in a windswept Kingsbridge 6 minutes early according to the clock on the Information Centre. The place is not its normal bustling self with an increasing wind as storm Brendon approaches off the Atlantic, hereabouts the winds are forecast to be 70 mph with a good deal of rain. My journey time on the bus will only be 10 minutes. This photograph was taken almost exactly 1 hour before posting here and the bus should now be about 10 minutes away from its destination in Dartmouth.

Barrie

Last edited:
I'm really only posting to announce a gear change - no time for real shooting today, so this is strictly a "safety" (more of a "rescue", really), showing some of the crown jewels in the cabinet ...

EM530072.jpg

I'll be using the E-M5 III with the 25mm f/1.8 for the next couple of days - I may even finish this challenge with it. The GF1 with the 20mm f/1.7 was nice, but it was showing its age in use (not the battery though - one single charge got me through the first 12 days and would have taken me a lot further, too), and while it was still fun, it started to feel rather clunky. The shutter/lens combo is pretty loud, too - no way of shooting candids in quieter situations. The E-M5 III isn't as unobstrusive, but it's a phenomenally swift camera, and really quiet, too, even with the mechanical shutter. And the I.B.I.S. is - out of this world ...

M.

These are two more from yesterday.

L1000238s.jpg

L1000248s.jpg

I only took one photo today - it was with my iPhone while I was out running. If my iMac was speaking to me (or at least my phone) I'd have shared it with you!

It just takes patience ... not sure it is worth it but it's not every day in Scotland that you see an outside laundrette!

IMG_2284s.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really only posting to announce a gear change - no time for real shooting today, so this is strictly a "safety" (more of a "rescue", really), showing some of the crown jewels in the cabinet .....
Well I headed out and realized about 5 minutes out that I had forgotten my camera and of course past 5-10 things that would have been great to stop at for a quick picture. But you inspired me, I just happen to have an interesting Cider.

P1130020.jpg

200114-1040278.jpg

At least two reasons to visit Slapton
If I tell you that outside today it's very grey, very windy and very wet you'll realise that this image was taken a few days ago as I waited at Slapton turn for a bus from Dartmouth to take me home, having visited one of the mentioned establishments in Slapton for my lunch which was accompanied by a couple of pints of strong cider!

Barrie

Back