Daily Challenge Vision 2020 Thread the Third - January 22 - 31

Day 25
DSCF7868200125170945-copy.jpg

200126-1080498.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Welcome to my world
I managed a shot after the rain cleared, perhaps rendered a little too harshly for a country scene, although it does have elements of a gritty industrial setting albeit, in a rural environment. It could be I harboured some thoughts of the work of Bill Brandt in my mind as I processed this image. My cottage lies just the other side of this barn, and the barn obscures a large part of the village, As you can see I inhabit a rather restricted world. Some of my previous subjects can also be seen in this image.

Barrie

I took a walk through the very old (by American standards) Stonewall Jackson Cemetery. One thing I like about this challenge is that I did not have to choose one picture.

stone2.jpg

stone3.jpg

stone4.jpg

stone5.jpg

stone6.jpg

bird.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I like about this challenge is that I did not have to choose one picture.
So true :). Building renovation in the heart of my home town's shopping center. All from this afternoon.

S03-20200126-032.jpg

S05-20200126-043.jpg

S06-20200126-061.jpg

S04-20200126-036.jpg

S02-20200126-017.jpg

S07-20200126-066.jpg

S08-20200126-068.jpg

S01-20200126-014.jpg

Okay, I have to make up for the last couple of days. I let the E-M5 III rest yesterday to compare the two Voigtländer Noktons (50mm f/1.5 and 50mm f/1.2).

Today, I also took out the E-M5 III again, this time paired with the Sigma 60mm f/2.8.

First, a shot with the 50mm f/1.2 (wrong lens profile in-camera - I only noticed that in post) ... very solid performance wide open, slightly cool signature overall.

LM102334.jpg

Now, two from the 50mm f/1.5 - one from yesterday, one from today; very good, though with a bit more CA and slightly busier bokeh than its bigger brother; still, very repectable, and a great walk-around lens. Warm signature, very pleasing.

L2623274.jpg

L2623275.jpg

The 60mm f/2.8 is a nice lens with great performance; however, the E-M5 III's S-AF had some difficulty in locking onto (admittedly very small) details, so I had to override focus manually at times. This is one of the results.

EM530090.jpg

Exploring the E-M5 III has been revealing. While it's without a doubt the most capable :mu43: I've ever owned, I'm not completely blown away. Still, on the whole, I wouldn't hesitate to pick this camera for an assignment (I've already done so, in fact), even over most of my full-frame gear - but I might miss the odd shot to some idiosyncratic foible the camera exhibits (as hinted at above ...). Anyway, paired with its congenial partner, the 12-40mm f/2.8, it's a top performer, I'll just have to adjust my expectations a bit. I'll try one more combo during the next few days (with the Laowa 7.5mm) before the end of this month.

M.

Last edited:
Back