Daily Challenge Vision 2022 - How's it going? (discussion thread)

How it's going for me? Enjoyable but more of a challenge than I thought it would be.
I am not a daily shooter and am more of a squirrel when it comes to taking images - I take a lot one day, then process them over future days/weeks. So posting daily, using primes, trying not to crop, thinking about subjects in advance are all things I wouldn't normally do. They are forcing me to plan what I am going to photograph rather than be reactive. Still enjoying the challenge but don't know whether I'll be able to keep it up for a month without running out of steam.:unsure:

I can't really get going with this as a daily challenge (although it isn't one in the same way as the Single In events). The weather is nasty, the fields and roads are muddy, and with a not-quite-4-month-old puppy to look after, I'm seriously sleep-deprived! But I'll plug away with mostly interior shots as inspiration fleetingly takes me.

Well, I have to say that this time around, I'm extremely thankful for the open format; posting a worthy shot every day would be impossible for me currently, but I'll definitely be able to provide enough shots in the end. I'll *not* resort to "safety" shots posted - I'm keeping up my "Today" run, so whatever such image I may have to post will go into the daily thread. Today, this was the case because I only had one shot to show for the second time this week, which is unusual for me (I actually *do* have another shot, but not one I'd care or dare to post in "Vision 2022"). It'll be pretty difficult again during the next couple of days due to very bad weather (cold, stormy), but I'll certainly be out and about, so some usable shots will most probably be possible ...

I'm happy about the turnout, though - it's coming along nicely, mith a lot of really impressive images :)

So, all I can say is: Keep it up :2thumbs:

M.

I've given up on this week, and part of last week. There has been too much going on, including the passing of an elderly member of my wife's family, so I haven't had the time to photograph, and a lot of my mental energy has been given to other things. I am looking forward to getting back into it, but I also remember why I have such a hard time generally with challenges in January - there's just not enough sunlight, after work. It's dark every weekday by the time I leave. Since I'm not doing any safety shots either this time, I'll just have to take the opportunities that come as I find them and not worry too much, even if "monthly challenge" is actually so loosely adhered to by me this time around that it might as well not even be the proper term. At least it's some motivation.

Whilst not an acceptance speech at the Oscars, I still feel that I have to give credit to those who allowed me to create Day 8's submission. I am retired, old and grey and am a newcomer to Cameraderie thanks to a post made on the m4/3 forum by @Brownie. I am happy to try something new which is where my Vision 2022 participation came from.

On the 18th December @MoonMind 's post Challenge! - Today 627 introduced me to the "Black Pumas". I liked it so much I sent a link to my daughters for them to hear. My youngest came back to tell me that the Black Pumas' album was one of her favourites from 2021 (she always had good taste which might explain my missing Beatles and Who vinyls). Anyway thanks to Amazon Prime I had a listen to the album and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fast forward to a few days later and my eldest had come to stay early for Christmas to help her mum do the last minute food shopping. Whilst she was in the supermarket her partner discovered an independent record shop in town where the owner was playing "Soul" a 60's soul sampler. Tom agreed to buy the record after Christmas once the owner had listened to it a few more times. (TBH the album has a couple of nice tracks but IMO not a classic selection, however I digress.) However the shop didn't reopen until after my daughter and her partner had returned home, so I was asked to pick it up. I checked out the shop's web site to see if there was anything which I could be tempted with only to discover they were selling a special transparent vinyl version of the Black Puma's album. Needless to say when I picked up "Soul" I also picked up the Black Pumas. Normally I listen to music on a smart speaker but the vinyl necessitated the use of my 1980's Dual record deck. After a bit of fiddling with the cartridge contacts it played and I was happy. However now I've got the bug for vinyl (down with the kids - hey :cool:) I started going through my record collection and once more the deck started playing up in terms of feedback and loss of sound in one speaker.

As it is miserable today and I'm not venturing outside I thought for today's challenge I'd have a go at focus stacking (thanks to the kind advice from @archaeopteryx) the Black Pumas album on the record player. With a little bit of tweaking the image came out OK but the focus stacking had a problem with the label rotating :doh: and so I've reverted to a single frame for today's submission. However, as you will see from the image below I now know why I was getting intermittent sound from the speaker. The only problem is my wife saw the picture, looked passed my creativity, saw the dust and provided me with a duster. Has anyone got a manual for duster?;)

P1540897a.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

How's it going?

Well I've only posted one image of food, you haven't been subjected to my cat or stone walls yet. so not bad. But I'm sure all three are coming as the month goes one.
Plenty of my cat shots here, David.

One can never have too many shots of our beloved companion creatures (or children, of the human variety ... ).

How's it going? Not too well, many obstacles on the path of photography. Challenging lightning this time of year, combined with busy days at work, as well as in the family life. But hey, the form was quite open for this Vision challenge and I've managed to produce still something during the first half of January 😎
I hope I could activate myself during the latter part of January.

Back