Daily Challenge Vision 2022 - image thread 1 (days 1 to 10)

After the walk.
afterwalk2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My Day 2 entry: taken at the local supermarket, to which I walked in sub-freezing winter temperatures, in search of potatoes and mushrooms to add to the breakfast surprise. But though I started out with vegetables on my mind, I was distracted by these highly-sugared drinks - and the tiny Minion sitting atop them.

XPro3_Jan2_22_Minion_juice_drink.jpg

Taken with what I think has been my most underused lens, the XF 18mm 'Fujicron', which I am beginning to appreciate much more.

Last edited:

This is such a cool image! My brain realizes it must be the base of a tree within a forest - but in my mind's eye, what I first saw was the Giant Foot of a modern Ent, standing still to trick the humans around it into believing it was merely a normal non-mobile largish plant specimen.

Mucking about in the garden yesterday. The puppy's favourite toy, with an edit in Luminar 4 (thanks to the freebie advertised by CameraderieBot!)
View attachment 284706

Judging by its taste in toy's, I will hazard a guess that your puppy's daily life is anything but boring.
Oh, and one other thing... I really love this photograph.

Went out to take this in bright sunlight which had disappeared by the time I got there.
DSCF6754_edited.jpeg

This was the Sgt's shower block on the old RAF Great Ashfield airfield which was home to the USAAF 385th group flying B17 bombers during WW2. A few old abandoned buildings remain but are mostly inaccessible on private farm land.

Back