Daily Challenge Vision 2022 - image thread 1 (days 1 to 10)

As someone who typed papers on an old manual Royal, I respect her collecting tendencies. Typewriters are such nifty machines.
I especially like the older manual typewriters - the same level of craftsmanship as older manual cameras. Metalwork and artistic design are things of the past now, but I hope someday in the future, dome young person falls in love the the exquisite design of a good field camera, or the ornamentation of old cars. Things where human achievement was expressed in beautiful design.

This café which we frequented for many, many years didn't survive the first lockdown.
Lockdown Casualty | 06 January 2022 | 11:24AM
P1260331.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 6: The 'logo' of a local, excellent Pizzeria is the stylized face of a dog which belongs to the owners. To remind patrons to make certain to put on their protective face masks before entering, the Dog-which-decorates-the-front-door now wears its own mask.

Stylus_Jan6_22_Clyde_the_dog_with_Mask.jpg

Last edited:
Finally made it into town, so of course I forget all my cameras at home. I went to my office, and almost everything I had there had a problem, e.g., my CF card reader is broken so I can't use the D700. Suddenly I spy with my little eye (the grandkids' influence) my old E-P1 with the Lumix 14 2.5. It's among my worse cameras in terms of low light, so of course I run right away into a dark lab. It's still a great camera.
golden.jpg

Just to note, consider it a welcome to all of our Mu43 expats.

Last edited:
Back