Daily Challenge Vision 2022 - image thread 2 (days 11-20)

I spent my teens dealing with prepping wood for the winter. We even bought "standing cords" in a local state park. That is until I thought it might be fun to stick a chain saw in my shoulder.
I whacked my shin with a still spinning chain saw, luckily not hitting bone. After so many hours using the things, I guess I just got careless. Not a good idea.. The guy who stitched it up was a retired Army medic with combat experience. After the lidocaine kicked in it was fascinating to watch him work. A real artist.
These clouds stayed in formation for 30 mins.

Ghost Clouds? | 18 January 2022 | 7:40PM
View attachment 287585
Beautiful.. the bottom cloud looks like a fish

Day 19: Being a writer, I wind up spending an inordinate amount of time in my writing office. There are a lot of books, mostly in the (overflowing) bookshelves. There are also assorted knick-knacks, things I have collected or been given, the occasional totemic object which might (hopefully) inspire me in some way, or remind me of something. Sometimes they just keep me company in the lonely wee hours of the late night or early morning, when I'm searching for missing words. That's what PeeWee and Chairy have been doing. I didn't think there was enough available light for this shot, but the little X30 somehow managed it.

X30_Jan19_22_PeeWee&Chairy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I whacked my shin with a still spinning chain saw, luckily not hitting bone. After so many hours using the things, I guess I just got careless. Not a good idea.. The guy who stitched it up was a retired Army medic with combat experience. After the lidocaine kicked in it was fascinating to watch him work. A real artist.

Beautiful.. the bottom cloud looks like a fish
I was lucky, 3mm out of the bone and muscle. Missed the joint and major blood vessels. Once we got to the hospital I told them do whatever you want, JUST PUT ME OUT. ;)

View attachment 287711

I admit that this is kind of a safety shot - but I like how it turned out ...

M.

For a 'safety' shot, it has a lot going for it (including tonal subtlety, the complex geometry of shapes, the cool in-focus vs. bokeh segments, and just a general sense of visual mystery).
I like how it turned out too!

Day 19 -- The shot I tried today didn't really work today. I did get a backup but only with the 25mm. What I was trying for was a clock about 25 yards away, but I couldn't (and didn't have time to work out) getting the illuminated face and near black background. Maybe I'll the one of the "Live " modes.

_OMD0562.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back