Daily Challenge Vision 2022 - image thread 3 (day 21-31)

It's a grey overcast day 😫

2022-01-23​
2B4EB52E-3857-450F-9066-5E8AD9A2D35F.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The salvaged hunk of the "tsunami dock" that washed ashore on the Oregon coast near Newport in 2012, now housed at the Hatfield Marine Science Center as a monument to the event. The original size of the dock which floated 5000 miles across the Pacific after the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami was 68ft, and it was kept afloat by its built-in floatation equipment.

R0004518.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The salvaged hunk of the "tsunami dock" that washed ashore on the Oregon coast near Newport in 2012, now housed at the Hatfield Marine Science Center as a monument to the event. The original size of the dock which floated 5000 miles across the Pacific after the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami was 68ft, and it was kept afloat by its built-in floatation equipment.

View attachment 288624
I remember that a container washed up somewhere on the coast of British Columbia and it contained a Harley Davidson motorcycle in, obviously, bad condition. HD actually thought about trying to rebuild it, but decided to just offer the Japanese man a new bike. He had lost his entire family in the tsunami and didn't want to feel like he had profited from their deaths, so he said no. He did ask them to put it in their museum as a memorial to his family, which they were more than willing to do. I got the amazing image below from the museum's website.
1643038178397.png

Don't know what came over me but I had a bit of a melt down today and thought that photographing the last toy car (the only one still in its' box) which I bought as a twelve year old would be a good idea :rolleyes:.
View attachment 288701
It was a brilliant idea. I have a couple of 1957 Chevy toy cars --- the closest I ever came to owning my dream car --- and you've given me the idea of photographing them. Stay tuned! :)

Back