Daily Challenge Vision 2022

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jan 1, 2022
End Date
Jan 31, 2022
Here it is: The Vision 2022 Challenge.

Let me start with a little bit of history: We did our first "Vision" Challenge in January 2020 - because some were missing a "Single in" type monthly challenge, but also because we were all (still!) hoping for a good year - because noone seriously believed we would end up with a worldwide pandemic of major proportions. In hindsight, it has to count as nice try ... And here we are, two years later, in a similar kind of limbo: No "regular" challenge planned, and also not a lot to definitely look forward to (even though things may change *this* year - who's in a position to know?). But we do need something to set our sights on - and a nice little common effort is just the thing.

I have to give credit to David (@davidzvi) who came up with the idea and also a nice little incentive for me (as someone who loves a number pun): Didn't 2022 sound exactly like 2020 II (20-20-2 ;))? It sure does - so a Mk. II, a second, maybe even improved version, is what we're doing.

The rules are simple:
  • Shoot as much as you like and as much as you can; you can post every day, but not more than one shot per day.
  • It is customary to post on the day a shot was taken - and it also keeps the influx constant; please indicate on which day a shot was taken if you post it on a different (this helps with putting togethter the end result, see below).
  • You can choose whatever gear you want; some may want to restrict themselves to a certain combo for the whole month, but this is not compulsory.
As of now, there will be three threads, on for the 1st to the 10th, one for the 11th to the 20th, one for the rest of the month; they will be made "sticky" in the Photo Challenges section as long as they're meant to be used, but if you need to, you can also add to them later. However, since there's quite a number of people participating this time around, I may re-evaluate this arrangement and opt for weekly threads instead if the need arises; we'll see how fast the threads fill up. Daily threads are *not* going to happen - we'll keep this nice and tidy.

Apart from participating as much as you can and like, you only have one more task: Keep track of your own contributions and decide which image or images (with a maximum of three) should be used in the final result of this challenge: We'll create a collage out of all chosen images (submitted by Februar 1st, midday CET), at least one per participant. In turn, this means: Never post just for the sake of posting (people who want to try shooting and posting continuosly for as many days as possible are invited to do so in the Today threads - we've been at it for well over 600 days by now, and you're welcome to join in if your fancy takes you that way). Post images that you like, that you enjoy, that you want to show!

The collage will present the images in chronological order - that's why it's important to either post on the date of capture or indicate said date.

N.B. If someone feels entitled (i.e. willing and able) to take over the honorable task of creating the collage, I'll be ever so greatful - but I'll find a way if noone else steps into the breach.

M.

The collage will present the images in chronological order - that's why it's important to either post on the date of capture or indicate said date.

N.B. If someone feels entitled (i.e. willing and able) to take over the honorable task of creating the collage, I'll be ever so greatful - but I'll find a way if noone else steps into the breach.

M.
I don't recall seeing the Vision 2020 collage. Can't seem to locate it. Was one made?

I don't recall seeing the Vision 2020 collage. Can't seem to locate it. Was one made?
I wondered about that myself ... I wasn't able to locate it either :unsure:

Whatever ... This time, there'll be one. I hope it wasn't my fault, but frankly, with 2020 developing the way it did, it's perfectly possible it slipped my mind back then ...

EDIT: PhotoPad comes with a nice and intuitive tool that actually works. So, I have a way.

M.

Great photos posted in the image thread so far. I was excited to participate, but then my father-in-law had a stroke during the holidays and it’s been all my family and I can do to manage his care and affairs. I’ve been faithfully carrying a camera with me everywhere this week (as always), but just haven’t been able to manage the time to shoot, edit, post. I’ll try to join in later in Jan, or perhaps for a stretch of a few days here and there, as I’m able. Meanwhile I’ll enjoy taking some short breaks to enjoy everyone else’s pics. Have fun!

Back