Leica Showcase Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton M Aspherical

2019-10-29-18-30-MP008992.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today the light out was PERFECT but for some reason the pics came back faint-looking. I'm going to blame darktable for this one, the recent update 3.0 broke workflows somewhat.

2020-01-04-13-42-MP001675_01.jpg

2020-01-09-10-43-MP002424.jpg

Truly excellent performance wide open. The weaknesses of the corners are exaggerated since they're considerably closer to the camera than my focus point. At the same time, those very weaknesses can make the image that the Summilux couldn't! Especially the upper right corner. It's got that painterly look, when you use wax colors and then use water to smooth it out.

So Matt. You got yours. How are you liking it so far? :)
Quite a lot, actually - but still with a bit of a caveat: I've been out tonight (concert - it's 1:30 (am) here now), so I haven't had time to rate and process today's images. I went out with the two Noktons to get a better idea of what the f/1.5 version can do. They're very different beasts - the f/1.5 has a decidedly warmer signature; until I've reviewed all the images, the jury's out on resolution and overall IQ, though. But the biggest difference is definitely bulk. I thoroughly enjoyed the handling of the f/1.5 today because it's more compact, and while the f/1.2 feels even more positive and better built, the f/1.5 leaves a very solid, balanced impression. I think I got exactly what I wanted: a very good lens that's decisively smaller and lighter than the one I already had (and it's also cheaper, so less of a worry to take everywhere).

M.

Back