Fuji Voigtlander 50/3.5 Heliar Vintage Line

gordo

Hall of Famer
Name
Gordon
I have to confess, I like adapted m-mount glass on Fuji bodies. Just received a Voigtlander 50/3.5 Heliar Vintage Line. Looks good/ weird, feels well-built, focus is smooth, click-less aperture.

original.jpg

Will take some practice to get better with the manual focus. Need to get out and see what it can do. Quick sleepy dog shot in a still almost-empty apartment, slight mis-focus.

original.jpg

It might be worth starting a 'M Mount lens on Fuji/ GXR bodies' thread? I have the Fuji M adapter and no idea how the lenses will perform but am about to find out next week when my first lens arrives. Might be interesting to showcase what's good and not so good about it.

It might be worth starting a 'M Mount lens on Fuji/ GXR bodies' thread? I have the Fuji M adapter and no idea how the lenses will perform but am about to find out next week when my first lens arrives. Might be interesting to showcase what's good and not so good about it.

I think the Ricoh forum has a thread for GXR and m-mount. I didn't see a Fuji version but I might have missed it. Maybe I should change this one to "Screw mount/ M-mount on Fuji"?

I think I did a little better with focusing on this one from this morning. 1/280s, f/3.5, iso400, heavy crop, tried to focus on the dove's head.
original.jpg

Occasionally dropping this lens on the X-E2S or X-H1 and grabbing a shot or 10. Still having issues with nailing focus. If that doesn't improve with more practice, I might have to rethink adapted glass. :( Love the OOF rendering enough I have to remind myself to stop down...

Trying infinity focus. F/11 on the X-H1.
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Needed something like f/8, but it was left wide open. Will repeat this shot at some point with a more appropriate aperture.
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back