Leica Showcase Voigtlander 50mm F1 Nokton

Strange sight to see a WW2-era soldier apparently checking his Instagram. 😎

- K
Do mean the circular firing table for the Mortar for the Chosin Reservoir Display?

L1023301.jpg

I went through a lot of trouble finding it for the Museum. Someone stole the original one they had. I found a replacement for them. They put it on display the next day that I brought it in. One of the Docents was a Korean War Vet and commented on how bad the display looked with the Marine staring at nothing in his hands. He Thanked me for getting this one.

Do mean the circular firing table for the Mortar for the Chosin Reservoir Display?

View attachment 292654

I went through a lot of trouble finding it for the Museum. Someone stole the original one they had. I found a replacement for them. They put it on display the next day that I brought it in. One of the Docents was a Korean War Vet and commented on how bad the display looked with the Marine staring at nothing in his hands. He Thanked me for getting this one.
Obviously it wasn't a smartphone, but I was curious what it was. Thanks for the informative response.

That's awesome you were able to help complete the display. Where is this museum?

- K

This is at the Marine Museum off of Route 1 in Quantico Virginia. The Museum had a Hollywood team come in and make the figures based on Marine Veterans. Pictures of the men in their youth were used. When it first opened, you would look at one of the Docents- then look at the figures, and do a double-take.

I looked on Ebay for months for the table, none. Then posted a Want to Buy on a military collectors forum, posted a picture of the figure holding the original that was stolen. One of the members sent me theirs, and would not take any money for it. I posted back that it was now on display, and made a Korean War Vet very happy.

Last edited:
L1024430.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Infamous Leica Red Dot Photo-Bombed this one.

M2401481.jpg
M2401482.jpg
M2401492.jpg
M2401493.jpg

On the Leica M240. All Wide-open, focus using the rangefinder. I have the EVF- used it for some shots, but focus is easier with the RF.
M2401503.jpg

Back