Leica Showcase Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO Lanthar

NJH

Regular
This is a recent lens but came in screw thread which I have adapted with a standard CV M mount adapter. Seems fine to use uncoded, the following images are uncorrected for any of the usual M8 effects. In fact I didn't even put an IR cut filter on opting to adjust colour in photoshop.

To say I have fallen in love with this lens is an understatement. This first image is a 100% crop of a flower out the front of my house followed by the full size image downsampled for the web.

Flower_100crop.jpg

L1011365260513.jpg

Pretty much proved to me that the rangefinder adjustment/coupling for this lens is spot on as you can see how thin the DoF is on that crop once one moves behind the front petal. Shot is wide open from memory.

These next two I will present one in colour and a B&W conversion simply done with the sliders in ACR of some blue bells out back

L1011346260513.jpg

L1011346BnW.jpg

Lastly a testers comparison between F4 and F8

F4_BB.jpg

F8_BB.jpg

Thanks for looking. Thus far I really can't fault this lens if you can get a deal on one.
Neil

This lens has a well earned reputation for being excellent. Too bad Voigtlander discontinued it. I've been looking for a chrome version of it for some time.
Thank you for sharing your photos. I'm especially fond of the first image (the crop).

Quick update with some recent shots to prove it can do more than pretty pictures of flowers, also hopefully showing why for me a short telephoto is an essential piece of kit to have in the bag.

L1011469.jpg

L1011461.jpg

Couldn't help but put another flower in

L1011490.jpg

More to follow...
Thanks
Neil

Just to add a note I spent some time pixel peeping a lot of my images the past couple of days to help decide where I want to go next with my lenses. What I see from this lens is a really lovely bokeh and gentle rendition wide open, fine details are there in digital, on film it is a bit more dreamy. Stopped down however it is sharp and contrasty across the frame, I will post a link later to a full size M8 OOC jpeg for those of you interested to inspect, it does that rare thing in making that cameras JPEG engine look good, lol. This is exactly what I like in a lens and this one does it better than any of my other lenses.

Back