W/NW Color Portraits

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
W/NW: "words/no words" basically means that W/NW threads are not for critique of images, but rather a place of sharing. Of course it's always fine to tell someone how much you like their photographs. Please add your own here if you don't feel like starting your own thread!

This is one from the past with the X100, kind of a dual portrait you might say.

5895042785_d42feff29c_b.jpg

There's something about that first photo of Leo working on his latest project that really speaks to me - he's lost in thought and concentration... I hope that's not a battery he's trying to cut on your lovely couch! ;-) Great strong lighting. Love the manifesto shot, too! This is a camera that can span the images from snapshots to more. Very nicely done!

I find it ironic that so often you read that the X-series cameras are no good for two things: kids or sports. Yet here we have a thread for portraits and it's all kids...and all very nice portraits.

8510795583_6b287d15c3_b.jpg

8-12-56-Edit-Edit.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr

My husband, for those who may not know him... And yes, this is realistic! We bought an old farmhouse last July and I've been so busy that only this evening did I finally update to Lightroom 4 and updated my ColorEfex Pro 4, as well. I hadn't looked at Lightroom since sometime in the summer.:blush::eek_old:... Looking forward to eventually having more time in "the darkroom" but it's catch as catch can right now. So this was taken in August 2012 and shows a hint of the sweat equity involved with the new place. Should be moving in in late spring. Taken with the X10.

P.S. After looking at Christina's beautiful muse, as thought this might be "the beast" - but he's a very loyal and dependable one. ;-)

Thats ma girl

This was a photo I took of my daughter last year as my wife was putting together a poster for her shop to celebrate the "Queens Jubilee", our daughter did the modelling and this is the image we went for.

Taken outside using X100 with built in flash - the image was so sharp that I had to soften it down to get the effect I wanted..........it was well received by all who saw it.

attachment.php

BB, congrats on the "NEW" farm house, as a former house builder, I know what you are in for, relax my dear, patience is the key, and try to enjoy the journey getting the FH in shape.
Photos of the FH, please!!.
All the best
Dennis.

Back