W/NW Color Portraits

Jessica
Our neighborhood had several annual block parties. This was taken at the last event pre-Covid. As luck would have it today was to be the first return—- Hurricane Ian caused its cancellation.
Definitely looking forward return and a chance to shoot lots of other folks and playtime for the kids.
1664688541919.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This goes doesn't half look like someone I know ... it's more like 90%! And he'd be in the States, too. Can't be sure because of the sunglasses, unfortunately, but that'd be beyond cool ...

As it is, I'll settle for doppelgänger beards :)

M.

If it's any help, the friend is a musician, a very decent guitarist who plays in multiple genres but many having to do with folk, blues or 'country'.

If it's any help, the friend is a musician, a very decent guitarist who plays in multiple genres but many having to do with folk, blues or 'country'.
So, no, unfortunately - though it would have been very strange anyhow, almost disconcerting, because I'm pretty much sure the guy I'm thinking of is over on the peninsula in his home state, doing emergency support and rescue as we speak ...

M.

This thoughtful older gentleman and I got into a conversation about his cool plaid hat that I had admired - made by Pendleton! - which evolved into a longer conversation about fabrics, and his former business, running a small store which sold fabric, including Pendleton woolens.

XT3_Nov18_22_Pendleton_cap.jpg

I've been trying to use the Tamron 70-180mm f 2.8 for portrait but it's difficult not having a subject. BUT a friend of mine volunteered for a quick snap by the window:
OVI06649.JPG

The image was underexposed 1/2 a stop to preserve the highlights, I tried to aim for a balanced light in post and I applied -33 Texture on the skin to smooth out the sharpening for the rest of the image (clothes and hair). I put a B&W version on the other thread.

Back