[W/NW] The Golden Hour: got some?

Golden Hour.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CZJ Sonnar 50mm F1..5 Contax Mount

I do love the images coming from that Summar, Tim! Still not sure if I prefer it to my Summitar (very different characteristic!), but this is very smooth, truely vintage rendering.

M.
Thanks, that's a 1938 one which, together with a CZJ Contax lens of the same specs are my oldest. As you know, not only do these lenses render different from today's fare, they also render different from each other. I've got a 1956 Summicron Collapsibe which is better than that Summar but the Summar's still more interesting (hope this this makes sense).

Thanks, that's a 1938 one which, together with a CZJ Contax lens of the same specs are my oldest. As you know, not only do these lenses render different from today's fare, they also render different from each other. I've got a 1956 Summicron Collapsibe which is better than that Summar but the Summar's still more interesting (hope this this makes sense).
I fully get what you're saying; I know my Summitar is a little too modern to have the qualities of the Summar, but it may just bring up the middleground between your two lenses (one can hope ...). Due to the weather being capricious, I'll have to wait to take the Summitar out until next week, but I'll definitely take it along for a couple of days to try in this kind of light.

Over the last couple of days, I had to pass up infuriatingly many opportunities for shooting wonderful autumn scenes and light; I hope I'll get luckier next week.

M.

Back