Fuji Wanting a fast tele, got the Voigtländer 75mm f/1.8!

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Like many of the members here, I have a Micro Four Thirds camera.
The Olympus M.ZUIKO 75mm f1.8 is a lens that I've been lusting after since it was first announced!
But the price point was just too much for me :(

Not that I don't have the money to buy it, but I couldn't justify spending that much money on a lens that I could only use for my E-PM2..
My E-PM2 is my carry anywhere, casual camera and the X-PRO1 is my main camera.

So after a few weeks of research, I bought a lens that I can use on both systems, and hopefully future proof myself, just incase Fuji does go indeed full frame or I hit the lotto and buy a Leica :p

+ didn't see a fast long tele prime on Fuji's roadmap, so bought myself a Voigtländer 75mm f/1.8 LEICA M Mount Heliar Classic lens!

The lens is heavy and solid. Super smooth to focus, and even though there is no focus peaking, I find it easy to focus, focuses perfectly at f/1.8 and is sharp.

Here are some photos of lens!

Shot with the 60/2.4

8614102773_2b30bb636c_c.jpg

Voigtlander 75mm 1.8 Heliar Leica M Mount by Taz Spin, on Flickr

8614102207_b0eb730b78_c.jpg

8614101351_729d37a380_c.jpg

8615210436_dcd1327152_c.jpg

8614100017_8a0e8986e3_c.jpg

Congrats, Taz. :)

Looks to be a beautiful hunk of glass. How is it to focus on the XPro-1?

Thanks, the focusing is really easy.

I find it easier to focus with this lens because of the smoother + shorter distance that I need to rotate the focusing ring, than my Olympus OM 55/1.2 lens. :)

Hey Taz's Spin,
That's a nice combo. I like those manual focussing lenses very much. I use mine on the X-E1. There is a special look of the image in the EVF, when hitting the point in the 10x magnification setting, comparable to focus peaking. So no problem to focus: i press the wheel with my thumb, then i focus.
Go on posting pictures!
Fujidanny

Hey Taz's Spin,
That's a nice combo. I like those manual focussing lenses very much. I use mine on the X-E1. There is a special look of the image in the EVF, when hitting the point in the 10x magnification setting, comparable to focus peaking. So no problem to focus: i press the wheel with my thumb, then i focus.
Go on posting pictures!
Fujidanny

Thanks, your photos from your adapted lenes motivated me to buy this lens ;)

Wanting a fast tele, got the Voigtländer 75mm f/1.8!

Nice! Congrats! For a cheaper alternative, the Voigtlander 75/2.5 is an excellent performer too.

Cheaper but still top quality:)
Voigtlander really should've kept both in production. Since they both render wonderfully and quite differently. The f/2.5 advantage in size and weight savings shouldn't be ignored.

To the OP:
Congrats on the Heliar. And thanks for sharing the pics of it mounted on the camera.

Congrats with the purchase! I had this lens back when I was using primarily manual lenses on m43 bodies. It is definitely a great lens with a special character. Take some nice photos and share it with us!

It's a very nice lens, indeed. One with character for sure. Here's a sample I took yesterday, ISO 1600, f/2.8 and one single flashlight...

8617810501_a46f883f8d_c.jpg

Hello Flysurfer :tiphat:

That's a beautiful portrait. How did you made this? In a studio with artificial light or outside against the sun?
Did you overexpose?

As I wrote, one single flashlight and maybe 4-5 stops overexposed. The tricky part is the manual focus and to avoid strong flares.

We were having great fun in the studio with Damien, he's incredible. Here he is with one of his beloved Lupolights.

8617830529_c9e5608499_c.jpg

Congrats with the purchase! I had this lens back when I was using primarily manual lenses on m43 bodies. It is definitely a great lens with a special character. Take some nice photos and share it with us!

Thanks! I added some photos to the archive thread :)

This weekend, I plan to try this lens on my E-PM2!

picking one up this week! I needed a good portrait lens and my buddy is selling me his for $600. =)

I get to test it out this coming Sunday for a maternity shoot in the park. w00h00!

Congrats!! I love this lens, even more than the 50/1.1!

and that's the other one my buddy is selling! I was looking at a Voigtlander 75mm Flickr Group (that I may have found through your page!) and was sold! I'm really excited to try it out. I just need to pick up an M-mount adapter. Did you purchase the Fuji one?

Back