Fuji Wanting a fast tele, got the Voigtländer 75mm f/1.8!

and that's the other one my buddy is selling! I was looking at a Voigtlander 75mm Flickr Group (that I may have found through your page!) and was sold! I'm really excited to try it out. I just need to pick up an M-mount adapter. Did you purchase the Fuji one?

Yes, I bought the Fuji version & it works great!!

Happy shooting!

I like to shoot landscapes and use a X-E1 as my small easy to handle kit.
I currently own the 14, 18-55 and 60 macro.
Now I want something longer was thinking about the Voigtlander 75/1.8
I was wondering how this lens works when shot at infinity @F8 how are the corners?
I was also considering the 75/2.5 but not sure about this older discontinued lens.
Thansk

Nice Taz. The build looks like a Fuji lens (dunno if that is good or bad). If you're ever adrift at sea I hope you have your XP1 with you ... man, between your case and strap the rescuers will spot you from beyond the horizon. Personally, I'd lace my strap through those slits on those little leather body protector guys. By lacing through the body guard and triangle thingie, the guards fold up like a taco with the triangle thingie as the taco meat, making a nice neat package protecting the camera.

Gary

Nice Taz. The build looks like a Fuji lens (dunno if that is good or bad). If you're ever adrift at sea I hope you have your XP1 with you ... man, between your case and strap the rescuers will spot you from beyond the horizon. Personally, I'd lace my strap through those slits on those little leather body protector guys. By lacing through the body guard and triangle thingie, the guards fold up like a taco with the triangle thingie as the taco meat, making a nice neat package protecting the camera.

Gary

Hopefully, won't get stranded on a boat with my gear since its not weather proof & the all metal lens might rust? Haha

But yes, I like flashy colors, wait till you see my sneaker collection :p

I was wondering how this lens works when shot at infinity @F8 how are the corners?
I was also considering the 75/2.5 but not sure about this older discontinued lens.
Thansk

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm about to take my boards soon, so have been limiting my online activity.. as for f/8 I have no issues with the lens. But most of my photos I shoot wide open & prefer the wide open look, so maybe somebody else with this lens can help out?!

Thansk

Here are some photos shot at infinity but @f16

9356428457_6dfb03dcb0_b.jpg

75mm f16 shot 2 by dacalac, on Flickr

9359204444_b0a5098ff9_b.jpg

75mm f16 shot 1 by dacalac, on Flickr

Dacalac,
Thanks for posting the samples, I checked then out in Flickr, to me they don't look hat sharp at all. I was thinking more @F8 F16 diffraction is a factor, or maybe it's just the lens. On the second image the cranes in the distance look OOF. Did you shoot JPEGS or RAW?
Steven

I'll try again this afternoon shot at f8. These were also JPEGS so I'll switch to RAW and get some better samples. I'll include the original size links as well for some super zoomage!

Back