Animals Warm day so we went to the zoo again.

Name
Mel
It was in the '60s today and with the warmth came a desire to leave the house. We have a membership to our local zoo so we can go as often as we wish. I am certainly past my prime age wise so the length of the visit depends upon how much I can walk without tiring. Today was good and I made it easily to all the things we wanted to see---about 1/2 of the exhibits. The last time at the zoo, I got really dizzy and they aided me by bringing a wheelchair to get me to my car. I found out later that I had an inner ear infection which caused the problem. My wife is much younger than me so she goes slower when she sees me tired. Surprisingly, I can run the sidelines at football games all evening without tiring. I suspect all the concrete walks and asphalt at the zoo tire me more. In any event, my Fujifilm XT-2 with my new 55-200mm Fujifilm lens got a workout. I am very happy with the new lens.
My wife shoots with an Olympus OM-1 mainly with the superb 40-150mm 2.8. The Fujifilm lens is slower being a 3.5 to 4.8 but the inside shots of the Orangutans were shot at ISO 3200.
DSCF9371.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSCF9380.jpg
DSCF9392.jpg
DSCF9405.jpg
DSCF9421.jpg
DSCF9423.jpg
DSCF9438.jpg
DSCF9444.jpg
DSCF9454.jpg
DSCF9462.jpg
DSCF9468.jpg

Love the orang utan with its baby, Mel.

Completely empathise with the tiring!

One of the questions for the doctor certifying my application for a disabled parking permit is "Can the applicant walk 100m without stopping for a rest, possible fatal damage to their health ... ? ". Yada, yada, yada. What a load of unadulterated garbage! How is that 100m measured, for just one thing? I can't walk from the other side of the road to his surgery without having breathing difficulty. Then I have a rest in the waiting room. Then become breathless again walking down the 25-30m to his consulting room!

Geez bureaucrats come up with some BS!

My problem in these circumstances is that I look about 20 years younger than I am, and also look to be in a lot better health. Even the head cardiologist said to me after a 6 day stay in their level 2 cardiac ward that "You look well, John." Then discharged me with an incorrect diagnosis.
Looks can be very misleading ...

Changed hospitals and cardiologist. It took the new one precisely 12 minutes to correctly diagnose the problem. Followed by a cardiac ablation and pacemaker in rapid succession, and a further ablation about 3 years later.

A disabled parking permit here has more anti-forgery devices than our currency ... :rofl: :ROFLMAO: .

Back