Fuji Showcase Was the LCD on the XPro3 a success?

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
I’m just curious to hear from users who have had time to work with the “reverse articulating screen”. How do you like it and do you think it will be a permanent feature on the Fuji lineup or will it’s appearance on the XPro3 be one and done? This post was inspired by an article I read that asserted that Fuji should have put this screen on the X100V.

I don't know whether it was a success in terms of the market or not. But I have an X-Pro3 and, since I tend to use the viewfinder without much chimping on rangerfinder-style cameras, it works fine for me. On the other hand, I have had an X100 and didn't mind the screen on that camera - or any other camera I own. I seem to make the transition smoothly without even thinking about it. Maybe that makes it a success.

I still haven't handled one (thanks, pandemic), but in spite of the fact that I mercilessly ridiculed the advertising around using the little square LCD to display a fake tab from a film box (please you hipsters, just stop being so stupid) I think the design of the LCD hinge was pretty good. I can't think of a time I've needed to pull a screen down to shoot from above my head. I do regularly shoot from a low angle though.

When will Fuji truly grow a pair and release a screen-less camera? The purists would go nuts.

It seems to me that those bought the XPro3, or at least those who bought it and made videos about it usually claim that they know what they are doing and are glad that Fuji's not afraid of making things different, but these people don't seem to have to rely on this one camera for their money making projects, rather more fun for themselves.

So is it a success? I think there's a market for it and there are definitely people finding it interesting and that's the point right? To make stuff that people find interesting and want to pay for, and Fuji will undoubtedly find new ways into the niche market so this will be their thing until something else appears IMO. The only trend I see is there will be work cameras, ones we debate over having articulate vs flip screens, and there will be fun cameras, ones may not even have a screen.

I’m in the same situation as Biro. I can’t really say if it is a success or not, but the Internet hysteria around it seems to have died.

I can appreciate a good hinged screen for those times when I need it shooting events.

I don’t chimp much, but sometimes clients want to see some shots immediately and having a screen is better than not.

I love the XPro form factor. There is something special about it for me.

I looked at the XPro3 when it came out and decided that there was not enough there to warrant an upgrade from the 2, so I passed.

I feel that those who wanted the 3 didn’t really care about the rear LCD as much as the internet experts cried about it.

Last edited:
Can that little screen on the back be used to show something useful like shutter speed, f stop, etc.? To be honest, I think the film type is more an expression of Fuji’s pride than hipster desires.
Yes, it can.

1608329055094.png

or

1608329111304.png

Back