water features

A few pictures of some of the water fountains in Old Town Scottsdale.

DSC08316.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC08313.JPG

DSC08320.JPG

Hi Dave

It looks like a tough subject to capture ... I like how you have frozen the water in the fountain but the positioning of the statues in the framing just don't work for me. I'm not sure I like the statues which doesn't help to draw me into either of the two fountain pictures.

What is it that you like about the scene that inspired you to take the picture, was it the fountain of water, the statues or both? Is this place near to you? If it is, I'd suggest working out what aspects of the scene that appeal to you the most and try to find an angle that brings out the best of that aspect/aspects.

For my eyes the pictures don't work, but its all subjective, so please don't get downhearted because the pictures don't work for me. Life wouldn't be so interesting if we all liked the same things.

Hi Dave

It looks like a tough subject to capture ... I like how you have frozen the water in the fountain but the positioning of the statues in the framing just don't work for me. I'm not sure I like the statues which doesn't help to draw me into either of the two fountain pictures.

What is it that you like about the scene that inspired you to take the picture, was it the fountain of water, the statues or both? Is this place near to you? If it is, I'd suggest working out what aspects of the scene that appeal to you the most and try to find an angle that brings out the best of that aspect/aspects.

For my eyes the pictures don't work, but its all subjective, so please don't get downhearted because the pictures don't work for me. Life wouldn't be so interesting if we all liked the same things.

Just some random shots I took next to a place we ate at. Not a lot of thought went into these, just shot them as were were walking back to the car.

Thanks for being honest though.

Hi Dave

I had another look at your pictures this morning with fresh eyes (it was way passed midnight here when I posted my orginal comment). I really do like the way that you froze the water. I'm repeating this to you because sometimes when I get mixed criticism like this I tend to ignore the positve comment and focus on the negative, and I don't want you to do this too. So again, I do like the way you captured the water fountain, it looks like a frozen wall of ice that you have captured in the process of its breaking. I still don't like the statues but do think, after looking at the third picture, that it would look much better cropped to put the water feature into a central view.

Back