Nature Waterfalls!

One of my all-time favorite hikes, as far as how you’re rewarded at the end.
It is one of my favorites as well. I've done it twice, both times early in the morning. The first time was 16 years ago and I only saw about 8 people that were going in as I was almost back to the parking lot. The last time was in 2020 and there were hundreds of people, but at least I started early and only had to share the falls with about 12 people. The hike back was against a steady stream of people.

Oh, Chris, I expect to see some amazing waterfall pictures when you get back from Iceland.
For sure!

And I did that hike in mid-July of 2020 on a very very hot day late in the afternoon (drove in from Arches that morning and had several stops before arriving). It was pretty brutal, and that appeared to keep the numbers low. I only shared the falls with a couple people.

Toorongo Falls, near Noogee Vic. Au

TF.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dan that's very nice indeed.
Your comment. Is that the light, sun orientation?
Would you still get the mist showing as effectively?
No idea, but to my eye it looks so beautifully natural
Richard, I do like the way the mist is shown, but I would probably have preferred the late afternoon when the mist wouldn't be backlit and I would have a clearer view of the falls. Thank you for your vote as I do think the mist looks nice.

Back