Watoga

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
I may have mentioned that my wife and I took our little dog for a 7 day stay in a rustic cabin at Watoga State Park in Pocahontas County, WV. Pocahontas is a county of contrasts; river valley farmland quickly gives way to hills climbing up to plateau farmland, which gives way to steep hill country, all the way up to the Highland Scenic Highway, a 43 mile long route running along the spine of a mountain line that has numerous hiking trails and scenic overlooks, as well as some of the most diverse flora in our state. Bears are nearly everywhere. We used the cabin as our base for numerous outings both with and without our dog. It rained a lot our first 4 days, but the weather was weird. It could go from sunny, to dark and overcast, back to sunny, within minutes. We even had periods of bright sun and rain at the same time, like in the boat image. At one point it was raining on one side of the lake, but not the other. I took a lot of images with two different cameras, and transferred them to my laptop each evening. Here are some of my favorites.

P1020623a.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P7230009a.JPG

P7230023a.JPG

P1020698a.JPG

P1020726a.JPG

P1020733b.JPG

P1020747a.JPG

P1020765a.JPG

P7250058a.jpg

P1020819s.JPG

P7260066a.JPG

P1020938a.JPG

P1020926a.jpg

P7280139.JPG

Last edited:
Beautiful set. I'm wondering about the EXIF for the 6th shot.....is that complex fraction a result of an electronic shutter or just some weird anomaly.

I'll need to get out my calcualtor.
I think there is a bug in the forum software. I saw a few similarly odd SS readings before turning off EXIF data in my preferences.

Back