Fuji We need to talk about the rumored Medium Format Fuji

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
I'm a logical enough person, and I have no logical need for such a thing. And yet I find it stirring me...

Fujifilm Medium Format More Affordable than Hasselblad X1D

Logically, I am 1,000% certain one should not spend ones hard earned thousands on something like this unless one is going to use it to make money. It oughtta pay for itself.

Emotionally, I want to take it on hiking trips and make beautiful landscape shots or portraits.

Someone snap me out of it, please.

My very, very first Fuji was one of these:

fuji_gs645_IMG_7497.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

00Y01f-319233584.jpg

...and jolly excellent it was too. I will be wearing a smile on Monday ;-)

^ that's what I'm afraid of... someone's gonna do an image comparison between the current X series and this new beast, and I'm going to see it and lose the ability to breathe for 15 seconds.

Well, it looks like .... any other camera. Sounds like it will be $9,000-something, too. Ok, I can easily resist that.

Now if they later come out with some kind of X100 with that sensor in it, understandably bigger of course, but still with my familiar controls / a small lens / a price tag more like $3k? That would be dangerous. I donno. I need to mull this over.

But don't forget, you'll need to buy matching lenses AND probably upgrade your computer system and hard drives to cope with the huge files. And do you need those huge files. Nice, yes, but 10MP will print to A0 (and larger) with care.

Well, it looks like .... any other camera. Sounds like it will be $9,000-something, too. Ok, I can easily resist that.

Now if they later come out with some kind of X100 with that sensor in it, understandably bigger of course, but still with my familiar controls / a small lens / a price tag more like $3k? That would be dangerous. I donno. I need to mull this over.

I agree. If they shoved a digital sensor inside this thing and could sell it for around $3k, I might need to re-evaluate things.
Fujifilm USA | GF670 Professional Camera : Overview

I can resist a 35mm sensor X100. I just don't see ENOUGH of a difference between FF and the X Trans. But a 6x4.5cm sensor, with a sharp, medium-wide f2.8 out front of it, and a deck of manual controls up top, and a leaf shutter... like having a bazooka in your pocket.

A studio friend of mine absolutely loved her FinePix S5 Pro dslr with Nikon F mount until it died in service. Since there was no replacement; she switched to Nikon bodies. Thought happy with Nikon, she missed the color gamut that Fuji produces. I forwarded this link to her, and it's definitely peaked her interests.

Back