Fuji Weird errors when posting messages and photos

I'm getting this error:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

I figured it out. It's an error with the latest version of vBulletin forum software that happens when forum admins allow html posting. Our forum was upgraded recently, and we do allow html.

More here: Warning: Only vaiables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389 - vBulletin Community Forum

I was thinking about disabling html anyway. It'll break any embedded photos/videos that use HTML instead of BBcode, but I think it's worth it in the long run...

Tapatalk is another issue - I need to complete the updates on our forum app.

Thanks Amin. I think you have it. I first spotted weirdness about 3 hours ago, I think (it has been a long day...)

BTW a word on Tapatalk. The recent "upgrade" (V4 I think) is complete and utter rubbish. Apart from having a new layout that had been designed by a hyperactive toddler, it was causing my Galaxy Note to overheat... I deleted it and went back to "Tapatalk Classic". The worst thing was that it was much harder to moderate using it. I am out and about a lot, so it is one of my main means of access. Nothing more than a "be aware" but I thought I should mention it.

Thanks Amin. I think you have it. I first spotted weirdness about 3 hours ago, I think (it has been a long day...)

BTW a word on Tapatalk. The recent "upgrade" (V4 I think) is complete and utter rubbish. Apart from having a new layout that had been designed by a hyperactive toddler, it was causing my Galaxy Note to overheat... I deleted it and went back to "Tapatalk Classic". The worst thing was that it was much harder to moderate using it. I am out and about a lot, so it is one of my main means of access. Nothing more than a "be aware" but I thought I should mention it.

thank goodness it is software error. I posted this morning and received the error message re wait 30 secs before posting.........I thought it was my Parkinson's getting worse !!!! :0)

Back