Welcome to Silly Rabbit

Hello! Thank you for your comments. I have a Panasonic Lumix G1 that I love, love, love! It is so light and fits my hand perfectly. I take it everywhere with me and take pictures of everything! I'm an addict. I would like to learn more about what settings to use at the right times, I usually use the automatic on the action setting...I have several children and they are active. The pictures of the rooster and the owl were so fun to take! The rooster was just sitting there, crowing and crowing so I got to take several of him. I don't know which one of the two I posted I like better. Opinions? And the one of the owl was when we were at the wildlife refuge and it was sitting on an instructors' arm, so I was having trouble getting a shot of just the owl, without people. While everyone else was listening to the instructor, I was playing around with my camera and with different angles and I finally got this one! I was happy with it!
I look forward to getting lots of opinions and advice from all of you. I need it! Mostly, I just want to have fun with my camera, and not loose the joy of taking photo's. I used to dream of opening a photography studio. But I have found that I prefer taking candids. So I just want to improve a little! :)

the owl shot is stunning That one is all kinds of great. The composition is great....many would center the bird and that would be a very boring shot (to me). The eye may like symmetry, but the brain likes different sorts of balance. The ice drops is also a strong composition. Keep shooting and sharing.....it's the best way to improve, but I'd say you have a natural eye.

Steve, you're such a gentleman!

Deanna, welcome to Serious Compacts - I'm so glad you've decided to post in the forums and look forward to getting to know you and your photographic world. I, too, love your owl!

Back