Fuji Well I did it , New member 2 days ago, and now New steward of an XE1.

cherrywood

Veteran
Well ,Hello fellow X'er's, Yes I did it about an hour ago, a new XE1 silver is on its way this week. Looking forward to enjoying spending some time with it, and shooting something fun. Most people who have it say it is just the bee's knee to shoot with!, Is that right?

I am old School so contemplative "capture" is my Cup of tea, I'll bet that it will bring back the glory days of my M6, M3, Kodakrome 64, but with the "TV view" on instead of the Rangefinder view, O well this is..... the 21 century i think.

Now, I just need to find a 60mm to go with it.

Looking forward to learning from you good people here and will let you know when the X arrives. Off to peruse the ads for a 60mm. " Brick by Brick"........... good citizens., Brick by Brick.

All the Best to you X'er's
Dennis

Fantastic. I'm assuming you went for the excellent "kit" zoom? Probably the best way to start.
Biro, Not to much of a zoomy guy, so no, just the camera, and looking for a used 60mm ,as my Fav FLE lens is an 85-90mm. But I have heard excellent comments about the 18-55mm, so might look into it also.
Thanks
Dennis

Congrats Dennis! I too am new and have put an order in for an X-E1 (the silver kind) with the kit zoom and 35mm 1.4 lenses today! Good luck on your 60mm quest!

Best,
P.

Congrats Dennis! I too am new and have put an order in for an X-E1 (the silver kind) with the kit zoom and 35mm 1.4 lenses today! Good luck on your 60mm quest!

Best,
P.

Ped, yes a Big Howdy to you and welcome to the " Spot", glad you are here, also congrats on your new XE1, Purchased the silver because it reminds me of my long gone M3.
All the best,
Dennis

Congrats and welcome to the world of X! Hmmm, if contemplative is more your cup of tea, I find that X-Pro 1 with OVF helps me pause more and think through what I want to shoot. Then again, it's more philosophy and approach than equipment, anyway. I am sure you will enjoy your X-E1 regardless. Look forward to seeing your photos.

Hello Penfan, well I went with the XE1 as it was smaller, lighter and less complicated without the OVF. I really like Fuji, their colors, jpeg's and great skin tones.Had the Fuji x10 and loved it, so decided to jump full into the Fuji water with the XE1.

Fuji seems to have photographers who are engineer's and actually listen and make changes that work for us to make our tools work better.How refreshing in this day and time!!

Now.... If only Fuji would join the U43 consortium and give us the Xtrans sensor in the smaller u43 bodies, wouldn't that be the cats meow, but it might put a hurt on the Oly Panny team., but boy would i like to see that Camera!!!

Thanks Penfan and all the best
Dennis.

Thanks, Dennis. As a photographic tool, I definitely prefer the analog controls and design of the Fujis, which is why I added them to my stable of digital Pens. Got the X100, but sold it off after I bought the x- Pro; the X100 was not getting as much use afterwards. Enjoy!

I'll add my congrats and welcome, Dennis and can't wait to see what you think - best wishes on a lens soon, as wel!:Welcome:
Thanks BB, have missed you, you are such a calming gentile soul on all the forums. Good to here from you and have a blessed day!!!

All the best ,
Dennis

Its a good day today.:popcorm2:

The XE1 came in and I love it ,nice to look at, small and lightweight, what more could you ask for? Who cares about IQ.?

Well I can only look at her ,as the 60mm I found is still on its way, waiting to get together with the silver haired ,Gorgeous little XE1.

O well,.... I guess its off to charge the battery and look at the owners manual, with a glass of wine. "Brick by brick,good citizens,brick by brick."

Dennis.

Nianys, that is wonderful, glad you are enjoying the CZ.

Thanks for the welcome, I am looking forward to shooting with the XE, Did you have a good time in Maine last year?

Dennis.

Nianys, that is wonderful, glad you are enjoying the CZ.

Thanks for the welcome, I am looking forward to shooting with the XE, Did you have a good time in Maine last year?

Dennis.

We went to VT and had the most horrendous weather I ever got during any vacation. Despite that I enjoyed it (my husband didn't), and really pray to be able to get a US based vacation again in 2013.

96bb2514e99aaee641d02082a7355fdd_64c.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

bdf6b4029f081181daaaad761a1133f5_64c.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

both with the CZ :)

Its a good day today.:popcorm2:

The XE1 came in and I love it ,nice to look at, small and lightweight, what more could you ask for? Who cares about IQ.?

Well I can only look at her ,as the 60mm I found is still on its way, waiting to get together with the silver haired ,Gorgeous little XE1.

O well,.... I guess its off to charge the battery and look at the owners manual, with a glass of wine. "Brick by brick,good citizens,brick by brick."

Dennis.

One happy camper. What wine do you suggest for owner's manual reading? (I'm starting on reading my manual today as well.)

G

Back