Sony Well.... my membership in the RX1R owners group didn't last long. :-/

I find Black and White shots lovely with the Rx1........

here is a lowlight concert shot of a Ritchie Valens impersonator, ooc jpeg with resizing for the web as the only pp work done..

0117-3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't know photoshop or lightroom very much, my images have minimal pp, I mess with contrast and sometimes vibrance, and also brightness as I tend to underexpose just a tad, I find the colors to be richer with some slight underexposing.....I am maybe 2 - 3 minutes in PP on my images using CS6... I am just blown away by the Rx1, I have a Sony A7 with the Sony 35mm f/2.8, and quite frankly, the Rx1 and its Zeiss f/2.0 kicks it to the curb....

The Rx1 or Rx1r at 35mm against anything out there is tough to beat, atleast to me.... I have just absolutely bonded with this camera..... Here is a OOC Jpeg with only resizing done in post. I shot this this past Saturday night.

0126-6.jpg

That makes a tough decision for me. I wonder how the Raws compare between the 2. I'm considering in the future getting an RX1 or an A7 or A7r but I'm leaning towards one of the A7s for the weather sealing.

I dunno, I always shoot jpeg, I had a Xm1 Fuji for a bit, and in my eyes, the Rx1 jpegs are easily better. Easily. I found the Fuji like I do all other cameras, when I looked at its files I wondered how much nicer would they have been had I of used the Rx1....

Here are a few recent Rx1 Jpegs, and my ex-Fuji xm1 couldn't give me this..

0123-2.jpg

Anyhow, I agree with the OP's decision, if the camera isn't for you for whatever reason, move on...... find one that is...
For me, the Rx1 is magic, so much so, I think I am getting a 2nd body, as I will just be devastated if/when my 1st one fails....

Dang me, Lucille. You are making me feel sorry I sold my RX1 to fund my growing collection of lenses for my A7. That car shot is fantastic!

LouisB

That rusting car shot is truely great lighting and the distant cross showing in the windscreen space like a mini-tombstone for a dead car is a sublime touch!
:2thumbs:

For $3500 I want to feel goosebumps and oohs and aahs and be "appreciated" by Sony for my investment. Instead, every time I picked up the camera I felt a nagging sense of disappointment.

I will miss the RX1R's capabilities, but $3500 will go a long ways toward something else: Perhaps an A7 or A7R w/ Zeiss glass or, who knows?

Well $3500 is expensive. I think the way to go is the used market for the RX1 (not the R version). I just picked up a mint condition RX1 with an extra battery and external charger for $1900. Thats still not cheap and it was really tough for me not to just get a x100 for $700 but I felt I would of had buyers remose on some level with the x100. At the end of the day if you can get a RX1 for a good used price you can easily sell it for not much of a loss.

Back