Went to have a look yesterday at some real estate property for sale (pic heavy).

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
It was a breathtaking ~100 acre property. I don't actually know where the boundaries of the property are, but my best guess is that I walked through only about 1/3 or 1/4 of it. One side of the property is just under 1 kilometre long (or 0.62 miles).

The entrance to the property:

Breathtaking views:

Forested areas:

A small portion of the property looked like it was used as a vineyard/winery perhaps, or some other kind of crop:

There's a pond or dam a bit further down:

There was some kind of a 'treehouse':

Here is a photo of the treehouse taken from the top of one of the ridges visible from the treehouse window. My car is visible on top of the ridge to the right of the treehouse:

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
wow, that's a spectacular piece of land! really beautiful! are you considering buying it?

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
With the weather around these parts lately, they'll throw in clouds and a whole lot of rain too! It was a rare beautiful sunny day yesterday, hence the impromptu trip to have a look at the property.

I'm toying with the idea of buying it but I'd have to have a very, very long think about it financially and whether it's viable as an investment.

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
pictogramax - that pond and the trees around it looks very campable. I saw little clearings amongst the trees which would make great secluded camping spots too.

Heaven indeed. I could finally learn to play the bagpipes and there wouldn't be anyone within a long earshot to complain at the racket!

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Reactions: BBW

Gubrz

O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad
Jun 5, 2012
Austin, TX
Eliot
i call dibs on a hammock hanging under the tree house(i dont wanna be rained on... lol)

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
That's an awesome photo, pictogramax!

You be careful Gubrz, Luke might crash through the floor of the treehouse and you'll find you'll both be sharing the hammock.

madmaxmedia, would love to do a bit of that kind of photography on the side!

Jules

Regular
Feb 3, 2012
Bremer Valley, Australia
Julie-Anne
That looks like a perfect piece of country James. Would you have much of a commute? We moved out of the city (Brisbane) onto a property and it's the best thing we ever did. No regrets. Yes, there's some commuting to be done, but it pales next to the bliss of having acres and acres of land that's all yours to enjoy.

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Would you believe it's only a 15-20 min drive to the centre of an upper middle class suburb with shops and restaurants and metro train station.

How much work do you have to do to maintain your land? I'd have to have cows and sheep to keep the grass under control I think.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom