Fuji we're anywhere...

alessandro

Regular
Hi.
This is Alessandro, also in m4/3 and ilariouscompacts. No, serious.
I have had an X100, sold for cash issues and also for my deep hate for fuji's SW department...
Now I've got a cheap, almost new X10. It looks less buggy... ;)
Tell the SW department that, now that they have added a minimum shutter speed option to the X20, we know it's too hard for them to add it to the X10. Isn't it? Lol.
(half) jokes apart, I'm quite positively impressed: this camera delivers. Now I have learnt that I must wait: FW 2 is ok, and ACR is working fine with RAWs. It's a mature product just now that it's being substituted by the newer model...
Time to look for a well used X100 perhaps? :p

Enough for a bad first impression.
Cheers!
Alessandro

Welcome Alessandro. I, too, like you,tend to be a late adopter, more because I am not willing to pay full price for a camera the could cost 25-40% less 12 months after its debut, and also because multiple firmware updates would have worked out many initial bugs.

I, too, stared my Xcapade with a used X100, and loved it. Only reason for selling was that the fixed lens was not doing it for me on day trips. Went with a used X-Pro, which I still have, but missed the smaller X100 body. I thought I'd spring for the X20, bit old habits die hard, and I found a great deal on an X10 as well. I am really loving this little beauty, and have been spending a lot of time taking practice shots with the OVF to get used to framing intuitively without the framing guide and focus points of the -100 and -Pro1. Enjoy your X 10!

Back