Micro 4/3 we're in the E-M5 club now

krugorg

All-Pro
Name
Kyle Krug
So, yep, I did go down to the shop yesterday and pick up my E-M5 preorder. I am looking forward to taking it out this weekend to see how it does in the field, but my initial impressions are pretty positive.

View attachment 53339

Pictured with the 20/1.7 mounted (pretty compact) and the Street Strap, which I like a lot. It always was intrigued with the silk strap from A&A, but thought its length would require neck carry for me. This one is long enough for me to carry bandolier-style.

I guess the intervention didn't help ...

Any chance your local shops had a few extra OMD's laying around? :)

It's the thought that counts on the (intervention), Armando. Thanks for trying! :D

It sounds like units were still just trickling in and not all preorders hat yet been covered (they had a ton of preorders). Mine was in their first shipment received of body-only kits (not sure if that included silver).

Nice one!! THey look SO ubercool!!

Thanks, Andy. I didn't really love the design when I first saw the announcement, but it looks better to me in person. I think the pyramid somehow looks less obvious in person. I probably will continue to like the looks of my E-P3 more, but I already like the way the E-M5 feels in hand better.

That is a nice looking camera. Congrats again :) The 'pyramid' is reticent of older cameras, that is what I think, they were going for. I have been tempted by the EM5 too.. but lack of cash saves me from most falls!

Thanks, Andy. I didn't really love the design when I first saw the announcement, but it looks better to me in person. I think the pyramid somehow looks less obvious in person. I probably will continue to like the looks of my E-P3 more, but I already like the way the E-M5 feels in hand better.

The hump/pyramid does seem smaller in the flesh. In fact the whole camera does. You can take that be good or bad; I take it as being a good thing.

Back